Author Topic: Shropshire records.  (Read 1470 times)

Offline tobyma123

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Shropshire records.
« on: Sunday 11 October 15 11:41 BST (UK) »
Hello all can any one tell me if Shropshire records have any plans to merge as they
appear to be held in two places Shrewsbury and Telford.
I have found them difficult to find on occasion some of my ancestors records seem to be
missing.
      regards tobyma123.
James William Chappell is now James William Grantham ,Elizebeth Hill Grantham .Lincolnshire.Mary Jane Morgan 1842 born in Overton Flintshire Wales.Ann Morgan 1831 both wives of William Morgan 1829 Worcester.John Dowley 1858 Wellington Salop.Thomas Tole or Toal Selena Mac Masters born in Scotland but lived in county Down NIreland born about 1790.

Offline KGarrad

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Shropshire records.
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 11 October 15 12:07 BST (UK) »
I think Shropshire Archives (at Shrewsbury) will be the place to look?

On their website it says:
We're funded by Shropshire Council and the borough of Telford and Wrekin.

In 1995 the County Record Office and Local Studies Library were brought together in purpose-built accommodation in the town centre.

From 1995 to 2003, the building was known as the Shropshire Records and Research Centre. After consultation, in 2003 the name was changed to Shropshire Archives - gateway to the history of Shropshire and Telford.

Shropshire Archives had a major refit of the public spaces in 2009. The building work means that visitors to the service now benefit from improved and more spacious public areas.

Telford & Wrekin Council say:
The library service holds microfiche copies of registers at the Community History Centre at Wellington Library covering christenings, marriages and burials.

The Index to parish registers is held at the Community History Centre, Wellington Library.

The Shropshire Collection is now available on Find My Past covering baptisms, banns, marriages and burials up to 1900. This is available with free library membership on all library computers.
Garrad (Suffolk, Essex, Somerset), Crocker (Somerset), Vanstone (Devon, Jersey), Sims (Wiltshire), Bridger (Kent)

Offline tobyma123

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Shropshire records.
« Reply #2 on: Monday 12 October 15 15:39 BST (UK) »
Hello K Garrad thank you for your reply regarding Shropshire records another look then
for me.
  regards tobyma123.
James William Chappell is now James William Grantham ,Elizebeth Hill Grantham .Lincolnshire.Mary Jane Morgan 1842 born in Overton Flintshire Wales.Ann Morgan 1831 both wives of William Morgan 1829 Worcester.John Dowley 1858 Wellington Salop.Thomas Tole or Toal Selena Mac Masters born in Scotland but lived in county Down NIreland born about 1790.