Author Topic: George Petrie  (Read 592 times)

Offline Elliven

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
George Petrie
« on: Monday 12 October 15 15:32 BST (UK) »
I am researching George Petrie who was a shoemaker in Chapel of Garioch and was born around 1800-1807.  He married Mary Booth on 24th September 1826 and they subsequently had six children.
I am trying to discover his date of death and the names and occupations of his father and grandfather and their wives.  Can anyone help please.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline DonM

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: George Petrie
« Reply #1 on: Monday 12 October 15 16:20 BST (UK) »
This should posted in Aberdeen, but it looks like your George died 1867 and you can get a copy of his Death Registration from Scotland's People, which will give your his residence, cause of death, parents names.

1867 PETRIE GEORGE (MOTHER ISAAC) AGE 74 CHAPEL OF GARIOCH /ABERDEEN 179/00 0021

Also, on SP there is a Will for his son George, Shoemaker who died 17 July 1923. His death Registration will also be there.

Don

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline ev

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Drumkilbo
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 12 October 15 16:33 BST (UK) »
There is a George Petrie age 66 in Chapel of Garioch on the 1861 Census but he isn't the one we're looking for  :-\

I think Mary Booth is showing as widowed on the 1851 Census.
http://www.freecen.org.uk/

ev
Census information Crown copyright , All Census information from transcriptions - check original records , The IGI is a finding tool only - check original records

Offline Elliven

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 12 October 15 16:43 BST (UK) »
Thank you DonM,

You have listed George junior as a shoemaker and that was also George senior's occupationso I have no doubt this is the right family.  Thanks again

Offline Elliven

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 12 October 15 17:33 BST (UK) »
Thanks ev,

She was widowed as you say but there was another George Petrie n th village and somhw they were related and both appear to be shoemakers.