Author Topic: George Petrie  (Read 1183 times)

Offline Elliven

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
George Petrie
« on: Monday 12 October 15 15:32 BST (UK) »
I am researching George Petrie who was a shoemaker in Chapel of Garioch and was born around 1800-1807.  He married Mary Booth on 24th September 1826 and they subsequently had six children.
I am trying to discover his date of death and the names and occupations of his father and grandfather and their wives.  Can anyone help please.

Offline DonM

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: George Petrie
« Reply #1 on: Monday 12 October 15 16:20 BST (UK) »
This should posted in Aberdeen, but it looks like your George died 1867 and you can get a copy of his Death Registration from Scotland's People, which will give your his residence, cause of death, parents names.

1867 PETRIE GEORGE (MOTHER ISAAC) AGE 74 CHAPEL OF GARIOCH /ABERDEEN 179/00 0021

Also, on SP there is a Will for his son George, Shoemaker who died 17 July 1923. His death Registration will also be there.

Don
I have turned off all email notifications, thank you.

Offline ev

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Drumkilbo
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 12 October 15 16:33 BST (UK) »
There is a George Petrie age 66 in Chapel of Garioch on the 1861 Census but he isn't the one we're looking for  :-\

I think Mary Booth is showing as widowed on the 1851 Census.
http://www.freecen.org.uk/

ev
Census information Crown copyright , All Census information from transcriptions - check original records , Familysearch/IGI is a finding tool only - check original records

Offline Elliven

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 12 October 15 16:43 BST (UK) »
Thank you DonM,

You have listed George junior as a shoemaker and that was also George senior's occupationso I have no doubt this is the right family.  Thanks again

Offline Elliven

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 12 October 15 17:33 BST (UK) »
Thanks ev,

She was widowed as you say but there was another George Petrie n th village and somhw they were related and both appear to be shoemakers.