Author Topic: Boyd,Robert Shankill  (Read 5594 times)

Offline RobertWhaite

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Boyd,Robert Shankill
« on: Tuesday 13 October 15 09:27 BST (UK) »
Hi,I am looking for a marriage of a Robert Boyd to a Jane probably in Antrim or Down between 1832-1845.I have already found a Robert Boyd to an Anne Jane Barr in 1832 and Robert Boyd to Jane Ervine also in 1832. I used to get access to Rootsireland before it became a Subscription site. The ones I am looking for both died in Belfast in 1882.They had children Eliza Jane,Margaret,Mary,Samuel, John and Priscilla. I do have a marriage for John and Priscilla.They were both married in Elmwood Ave Presbyterian church. I did think that they were the same as Robert Boyd and Anne Jane ,as above but I have discovered that they are a different couple. I don't want to take out a subscription if the ones I am looking for are not on their file. Would appreciate any help

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Boyd,Robert Shankill
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 13 October 15 20:21 BST (UK) »
This might be the church you mentioned- have you checked to see if anything relevant appears in their records?
http://www.nspresbyterian.org/churches/church06/churchdetail.htm
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline greeneyedgirl

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 14 October 15 05:50 BST (UK) »
Hi, you were right not to get it when it became subscription. For Robert's marriage the only one they have is to Jane Ervine and I looked at a couple of births of their children  Samuel & Priscilla. For Samuel the only birth is 1838 to a Robert and Alice --- and for Priscilla the only birth is 1836 to Henry Boyd which makes me wonder if Henry & Robert may be related, possibly brothers as Priscilla is not a very commonly used forename. Kim

Offline RobertWhaite

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 19 October 15 06:57 BST (UK) »
Hi,I had a look at the church's site,nothing relevant there.
 Kim,thanks for that.and thanks for saving me money.
That's the trouble with Scots/Irish,they keep repeating the same names every generation and cousins as well. Robert,James,John and Samuel were pretty popular!! and Boyd is like Smith.

You could be right with Priscilla,it certainly does not follow the usual trend

Thanks for your help.

Offline Cboyd13

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 02 August 18 13:36 BST (UK) »
Having the same issues with my family tree my grandad was Samuel George Boyd born 1896 he had a brother David, Robert James who was the eldest and born 1886 and a sister Mary who married a William McClurg however he had a younger brother John who just disappeared. The mother and father were Samuel Boyd and his mother was Mary.

My grandad and Robert James joined the rifles in 1914 and I have found both service records saying they lived in Heather Street however Robert James didn't live with the parents in 1911 census so wondering if he got married also unsure of the mothers maiden name as no many Samuel and Mary Boyd's however wondered if any one could help with this. BTW my grandad moved from army to the navy in 1915 and also have his service record for this and a picture.

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 02 August 18 14:15 BST (UK) »
Welcome to Rootschat  :)

Samuel George Boyd's mother was Mary Carroll-
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/birth_returns/births_1896/02186/1827391.pdf

still typing...

Offline Cboyd13

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 02 August 18 14:26 BST (UK) »
Thank you, I actually love you :-)

Anything else anyone know I will be most grateful

Offline Cwellan CoDown

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Thursday 02 August 18 14:28 BST (UK) »
Is this the family in 1901 census
http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1901/Antrim/St__George_s_Ward_Belfast/Hilland_Street/955869/

And then in 1911
http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1911/Antrim/Shankill/Harrison_Street/151535/

The 1911 census shows us that there was 7 children, and 4 are still living - being Samuel G, John, David and Mary
McClean, Kelly, Murray, Higgins, McAnulty (McNulty, Conalty, Kinolty), Morgan, Rafferty, McPolin (All Co Down, Ireland) Bowman, Hooper(Yorkshire)

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Thursday 02 August 18 14:34 BST (UK) »
Not quite straight-forward-

Samuel Boyd (c1863-aft.1911) m. Mary (c1864-aft.1911).
1901- Hilland St.; 1911- Harrison St.,; 1914- Heather St.
www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1901/Antrim/St__George_s_Ward_Belfast/Hilland_Street/955869 (Church of Ireland)
www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1911/Antrim/Shankill/Harrison_Street/151535 m.26 ys, 7 ch./4 liv.
1.   Robert James Boyd (1886), eld.
2.   Mary Boyd (c1888) m. William McClurg (c1886)
     a.   Anna E. McClurg (c1909)
     b.   Mary McClurg (c1911)
3.   Samuel George Boyd (1896) https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/birth_returns/births_1896/02186/1827391.pdf (11 Donegore St., mother Mary Carroll)
4.   John Henry Boyd (c1899-aft.1911)
5.   David Boyd (c1903-aft.1911)