Author Topic: Boyd,Robert Shankill  (Read 5580 times)

Offline Cboyd13

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Boyd,Robert Shankill
« Reply #27 on: Thursday 02 August 18 16:19 BST (UK) »
That's the murder on the death certificate family story was a minister but he was shot outside the church

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Thursday 02 August 18 16:20 BST (UK) »
Think the 1922 address should be 118 Urney St.- there's a Minnie McClurg there in 1924 directory-
http://www.lennonwylie.co.uk/tuvcomplete1924.htm

Have to make do dishes, get tea ready and clean up after a puppy that 1) wasn't going to live here and 2) wouldn't cause me ANY bother  ::) Will check back later  :)
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline Cwellan CoDown

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Thursday 02 August 18 16:21 BST (UK) »
The name on the 1918 street directory for the address is

118. McClurg, Minnie

So it is the correct family we are looking at the census
McClean, Kelly, Murray, Higgins, McAnulty (McNulty, Conalty, Kinolty), Morgan, Rafferty, McPolin (All Co Down, Ireland) Bowman, Hooper(Yorkshire)

Offline Cboyd13

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Thursday 02 August 18 16:30 BST (UK) »
My mum just told me Minnie's married name was Parson. Mary Boyd daughter of Samuel and Mary married William McClurg  don't know Minnie's connection but my mum daughter of Samuel George Boyd born 1896 knew Minnie as an Aunt.

Sorry guys my Boyd family is confusing

Offline Cboyd13

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Thursday 02 August 18 16:50 BST (UK) »
Minnie's daughter must have ended up being called Minnies also hence why she is known as her own married name and the confusion its the correct family.

Just need to find the maiden name of Mary wife of Samuel Boyd my grandad Samuel George Boyd's Dad

Also that's the correct murder of David Boyd, thank you

The marriage I thought it might be of Mary and Samuel was the maiden name of Patterson.

Also thought Robert James Boyd was killed in the war as found a record of this also. My grandad named his sons after all his brother David and my Uncle Samuel after himself and a William James after Robert James who was listed in army inscription under James but no John at all. My uncle David has a middle name of Cowan and do wonder is this is signficant

Offline Cboyd13

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Thursday 02 August 18 17:00 BST (UK) »
Anna survived according to my mum she was frightening and used to come over to Scotland with Minnie both known as she Aunts but she new her as Aunty Annie.

On another note my grandad married my gran in 1942 they met during the war when he was 46 and settled in Scotland

Offline Cwellan CoDown

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Thursday 02 August 18 17:02 BST (UK) »
I seen the wedding for Samuel Boyd and Mary Patterson - however there doesn't seem to be any children born to this couple.

The only Boyd children born, MMN Patterson are in 5 Edward street - and the father is John and mother Eliza

I think the clue to this all is to find David's birth certificate - as he was born between the census dates, so the chances of the address being familiar is high, and also the DOB seems to be reasonably consistent with the age 18 on his death
McClean, Kelly, Murray, Higgins, McAnulty (McNulty, Conalty, Kinolty), Morgan, Rafferty, McPolin (All Co Down, Ireland) Bowman, Hooper(Yorkshire)

Offline Cwellan CoDown

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Thursday 02 August 18 17:13 BST (UK) »
Did your granddad die in Scotland?

If so - the death certificate will have the mothers maiden name on it (if known)

Also - did they marry in Scotland or NI - as I believe a Scottish marriage certificate also shows more details

Edit - have just checked for a NI wedding - is this it?
M/1942/B1/487/3/78 Samuel Boyd Barr 7th January 1942 Belfast
M/1942/B1/487/3/78 Muriel Barr Boyd 7th January 1942 Belfast

Offline Cboyd13

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Thursday 02 August 18 17:16 BST (UK) »
Thank you sounds like a plan

its def the right death as thanks to you guys I just rechecked a newspaper article my brother found on the death and its 118 Urney Street Minnies address and they all must have continued living together after 1911