Author Topic: Photo Request - Wroughton  (Read 975 times)

Offline gralorn

• RootsChat Veteran
  • I Find More Brick Walls Than A Builder
    • View Profile
Photo Request - Wroughton
« on: Wednesday 14 October 15 20:36 BST (UK) »
Would anyone be able to help me out with a photo of Winifred Terrace, Wroughton, or the three blocks of terraces that used to be on the Swindon Road. I believe that they were demolished around the sixties, just prior to the building of the M4. I have a friend who was born in and brought up at No4 and would love dearly to find a photograph for her.

Thank you

Graham
Allard/Allwood/Alwood/ From Suffolk
Wright/Croftwright/ From London
Langmaid/ from Lanteglos By Fowey
Greig/ Banff/ Aberdeen

Offline gralorn

• RootsChat Veteran
  • I Find More Brick Walls Than A Builder
    • View Profile
Re: Photo Request - Wroughton
« Reply #1 on: Monday 19 October 15 14:46 BST (UK) »
Having now visited the Swindon History & Record Centre at Chippenham I am no further forward. This is going to be one for the Wroughton History Group to have to help me out with. Looking in the Property Valuation Ledgers I noticed that the houses on the Swindon Road have had their numbers changed a couple of times. Was one section of them Winifred Terrace. Also found that Edward Hutchinson who died in WWI left a wife living in No4 Winifred Terrace, so its was there then! Yvonne in Swindon has been a great help, but still we require a little more local Wroughton knowledge to tell if it is still standing, been demolished, had number changed or whatever. Any information would be most appreciated.
Allard/Allwood/Alwood/ From Suffolk
Wright/Croftwright/ From London
Langmaid/ from Lanteglos By Fowey
Greig/ Banff/ Aberdeen