Author Topic: John de la Chambre  (Read 10490 times)

Offline atrevor1

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: John de la Chambre
« Reply #27 on: Tuesday 08 August 17 22:03 BST (UK) »
Hi all

Read this thread with interest. Have reached a dead end regarding the family of the wife of one of my relatives, John Trevor (d. 1493). He is down in the accounts I have seen as married to an Agnes (aka Anne or Annes) daughter of Peter (aka Piers, Purrs or Pierce) Cambre (aka Cambré, Cambrey, Camber or Cambrey) of Poole (aka Welshpool or Trallwng).

I had a mini breakthrough when I found the following in The History of the Princes, the Lord's Marcher and the Ancient Nobility of Powys Fadog by J Lloyd: "John Trevor Hên, the second son of Iorwerth ab David, married Agnes, daughter and co-heiress of Pyers Cambrey ab Perkin Camber of Trallwng, ab Sir Roger Camber, Knt. The mother of Agnes was the daughter and heir to Cumus and heiress of Llys Main in Llaneurgain. This Pyers Cambrey had two other daughters, one married to Mr Blunt, and was mother to Sir Edward and Richard Blunt, Knts., and Peter and Thomas Blunt...The third daughter married Mr Hopton, and had issue Edward Henry and several others. Agnes...died in 1484...".

I thought I might then be able to link up these characters with those mentioned in this thread but to no avail.

Any help would be enormously appreciated.

Best
Adam

Offline Alberbury

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: John de la Chambre
« Reply #28 on: Saturday 26 August 17 11:34 BST (UK) »
Cambrey family.

https://archive.org/stream/visitationshrop00britgoog#page/n62/mode/2up/search/Cambrey   Page 8

The visitation of Shropshire, taken in the year 1623

I thought I was related to the family of Cambrey or Jenks, looks like my line is in north Shropshire.

Sir Walter Collins of Stretton Knignt = Alice da. to Sr
Arms: two bars azurs.                         Wm Staunton.

Roger le Scott = Alice da. & coheire          Cicely 2 da. & coheir       Dorothy 3rd da. ux.
of Acton in com.   of Sr Walter Collins        ux. Walter Cambrey       Jenkyns Cambrey of
 Salop.                  Kt.                                 of Stretton                       Woollarton

issue John Jenkyns Jenkes
                                                                                                           of Woollarton.

Salop Adams,Backhouse,Bailey,Carter,Cartwright,Chambre,Chettoe,Cooper,Fewtrell,Gardner,Greenhouse,Gwilliam, Humphrey,Jenks,Morrey,Otherton,Parry,Pickerall,Powell,Pugh,Reeves,Reynolds,Roberts,Rogers,Salter, Whittakers,Worrall,Wright,Yale

Mont. Davies,Edwards,Hughes,Lewis,Maddox,Mapp,Pritchard
Almeley Prichard
Battersea Young
Brechin Allan,Barrie,Duthie,Hardie,Mathewson,Mitchell,Strachan,Thomson,Valentine,Watt
Chelsea Coates,Smith
Emneth Bennington
Wisbech Bell,Briggs,Willcock