Author Topic: Joseph Outram and William Gutteridge from Lancashire, England to Australia  (Read 4971 times)

Offline Jean Mayo

• I am sorry but my emails are no longer working.
  • RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
I am searching for information concerning and descendants of brothers, Joseph Outram ( Houthram, Oultram ) and William Gutteridge, sons of Ann Outram, born ca. 1821 in Warrington, Lancashire, d/o Joseph Birchall, who emmigrated to Australia some time after 1871. Ann Outram had son, Joseph Outram in the Manchester area of Lancashire in ca. 1843, father unknown. She married 1st. John Gutteridge in 1844 in Manchester. She had son, William Gutteridge, in ca. 1845 in the Manchester area. After John Gutteridge died, she married 2nd. John Taylor in 1853 in Manchester. They had children Ann and John. Ann died in early childhood. John Taylor, Jr. emmigrated to New Bedford, MA., USA in 1920.
     Joseph Outram was a grinder and William Gutteridge was a cotton weaver. In 1851, the family lived at Tame Street in Manchester, Lancashire. In 1861, they lived at 35 Hill Street in South Bury, Lancashire. In 1871 they lived on Spring Lane in Radcliffe, Lancashire. Some time after 1871, brothers, Joseph Outram and William Gutteridge, moved to Australia to become sheep farmers. Can anyone help?
        Jean Mayo.