Author Topic: Re: Isabella Robson b1852  (Read 1130 times)

Offline billbir

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Isabella Robson b1852
« on: Monday 19 October 15 14:42 BST (UK) »
I am trying to establish whether Isabella Robson, my 1st cousin 3X, was married and any children they had. I have had a couple of false starts, as the name is quite common in the NE.

The following is what knowledge I have:-

I have the father as Joseph Robson, born in Northumberland in 1828, father John. Joseph’s wife, was Hannah Fishburn (my line) b1829 and they married in Houghton le Spring, in April 1851. Both Joseph and Isabella were lodging in at the same address in the 1851 census, prior to getting married, this was in Pittington. The1861 Census, shows Isabella born in Merrington Grange, which is as I believe, between Spennymoor and Bishop Auckland. She is living with her mother and sibling John at their grandfather Thomas Fishburn, as by this time her mother Hannah, has been widowed. In the 1871 census, Isabella was still living with her mother and siblings, ( William aged 3 is a mystery, as Joseph Robson had deceased well before his birth) see below. I have added a record at the bottom, from FamilySearch, which looks a possibility for Isabella’s birth, but it is not Merrington Grange per the census. I would be grateful for any assistance, in tracking Isabella’s marriage and children.

Any help or guidance, would be much appreciated.

https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:VBZR-DYL

https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:N1FC-FMC

Isabella Robson bpt 2 Dec 1852 Bishop-Auckland, Durham, daughter of Joseph  & Hannah Robson

Offline LisaRobinson87

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: Monday 19 October 15 15:47 BST (UK) »
Have you seen the marriage in Hutton Le Spring 01 July 1871 for Isabella Robson & Joseph Blacklock it states her father as a Joseph Robson and that she is about 19 might be worth a look to see if you can get someone to look at the marriage cert
Rogers-Buckinghamshire
Pitwell- Buckinghamshire
Fisher- Middlesbrough
Robinson-Middlesbrough
Foxton - Yorkshire
Carruthers - Scotland
Gibson - Northumberland

Offline billbir

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 19 October 15 15:58 BST (UK) »
Hi Lisa,

Yes, I did see that and would appreciate any information on that. The trouble is that not many of the Robson's have distinctive names.