Author Topic: Hardiman nee vale, Hammersmith, how to find their living/deceased children...  (Read 3549 times)

Offline fleur-rose

• RootsChat Extra
  • All my possesions for a moment in time.....
    • View Profile
Re: Hardiman nee vale, Hammersmith, how to find their living/deceased children...
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday 20 October 15 22:31 BST (UK) »
sorry I meant to have elaborated that the 'brother' was 'apparently' autistic in some way so I am 'assuming' as I cant find any addresses after the early eighties....not saying he isn't still with us but tending to think maybe not as the last address ends in 1981 I think it is, but as you say I cant find anything to say not either....(sorry for all the apparently's - but it is ancient info from a long gone once removed apparent cousin to mum in law....) i'm ever hopeful tho', thanks all u lovely kind people xxxx

Offline ReadyDale

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Hardiman nee vale, Hammersmith, how to find their living/deceased children...
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday 21 October 15 00:18 BST (UK) »
I assume you are aware of the tree on Ancestry that contains the people concerned (and has photos too, including one of the brother in adulthood).
FWIW - the sister was living with her paternal uncle and his wife in 1965.

Offline rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday 21 October 15 08:21 BST (UK) »
I assume you are aware of the tree on Ancestry that contains the people concerned (and has photos too, including one of the brother in adulthood).
FWIW - the sister was living with her paternal uncle and his wife in 1965.

I am surprised to see that tree, it contains living people and pictures of them.  I thought Ancestry did not allow that  ::)  There is also another sister bn 1940 who died young  ;)
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline ReadyDale

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday 21 October 15 09:24 BST (UK) »
Yes I was surprised too.
Re: The additional sister, she slipped through the earlier net by having a typo in the MMN.

Offline fleur-rose

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday 21 October 15 10:05 BST (UK) »
ReadyDale, WOW no I didn't know about the tree, I am brand new to this and useless I don't seem to be able to find the things you all inform me of despite long hours searching, not being very comp' savvy dosent help of course, am truly grateful for the tree info and will try to find that and the PHOTOS this morning !
I am also making a call in a mo to check if the brother is indeed 'well' at the 'residence' and if so would like a visit...as I understand it he dosent have any one else....shocked about the 'extra' sister,
thanks again  :) :) :) still trying to find nans place of burial, just had a 'no' from another cemetery but we WILL lay flowers with her at some point of that i'm sure, thanks again all. xx

Offline suzard

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday 21 October 15 12:12 BST (UK) »
She may have been cremated

Death certificate would give her address at time of death so you could check burial grounds & crematoriums close to there.

Can't find Lily's birth reg -do you know where she was born??

She may have siblings/nephews/neices still living who could have more information

Suz
Thornhill, Cresswell, Sisson, Harriman, Cripps, Eyre, Walter, Marson, Battison, Holmes, Bailey, Hardman, Fairhurst Noon-mainly in Derbys/Notts-but also Northampton, Oxford, Leics, Lancs-England
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline ReadyDale

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Wednesday 21 October 15 13:05 BST (UK) »
If you haven't already tried them, I would suggest contacting the cemetaries deartment at Hammersmith and Fulham Council. I have found them helpful in the past (although they didn't have the info I needed, they did try).

Offline fleur-rose

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Wednesday 21 October 15 15:49 BST (UK) »
thanks for keeping in touch guys, yesterday rang hammersmith crem - marian was very helpful but no lilian listed, was passed to the 'burials' - they wouldn't check - as yes I have DOB and Date of death ect they want a cheque for £28 first just to look lilian up (and she may still not be listed !) or after I pushed it they said I could ring first to arrange I was coming and in 'person'  they will look up one name free of charge, sadly the journey is 3 hrs round trip by car and being disabled not easy for me if its all in vain. so will try and sort that by next week anyway.
       as for the brother - I have indeed rang the 'residence' and the head 'carer' person was most unhelpful - wouldn't confirm anything even if he has visitors that our number could be passed on to....am awaiting a call back from social services to do with the place but apparently I will need 'passwords' !! (I did explain mum is his sister ect but...)
I cannot for the life of me find those photos on ancestry either...'as an adult'....so today hasn't gone too well, thanks again for the support - it means a lot,

Offline rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Wednesday 21 October 15 15:58 BST (UK) »
I cannot for the life of me find those photos on ancestry either...

You may need to have an ancestry subscription to view them  :-\
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk