Author Topic: William Mara otherwise Wainwright late 1700's  (Read 3395 times)

Offline Marmalady

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: William Mara otherwise Wainwright late 1700's
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 24 October 15 20:14 BST (UK) »
William Wainwright senior was buried at Carnew, Co. Wicklow (presumably the church nearest the Malton estate) - and Earl Fitzwilliam erected a large marble monument in his memory -- the text of it is over on the other thread

The tombstone you linked to in Dublin that mentions William Wainright Esq, his wife Mary and son Marcus are, I think, a little too late to be connected -- the deaths occurred in 1876 & 1883

If the soldiers are the sons of William Mara Wainwright & grandsons of William the Agent -- then as career soldiers they were probably both unmarried & childless on death -- but there is still brother John left at home in Carnew who could have had a family
Wainwright - Yorkshire
Whitney - Herefordshire
Watson -  Northamptonshire
Trant - Yorkshire
Helps - all
Needham - Derbyshire
Waterhouse - Derbyshire
Northing - all

Offline Rachel Lawrence

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: William Mara otherwise Wainwright late 1700's
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 09 January 16 16:20 GMT (UK) »
Not the William Wainwright I´m looking for I´m afraid. I know that he was Manager of the lunatic asylum in 1832 but died before 1847, the marriage of his daughter Georgina Dorothea. He was also  Captain in the 27th Royal Inniskilling fusiliers.Next stage, I think, is to contact Irish Archives and see what they have. If you find anything at all, please let me know. Thanks