Author Topic: Traill, Dr Alexander Kirk  (Read 2688 times)

Offline Alcresta

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Traill, Dr Alexander Kirk
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday 27 October 15 22:25 GMT (UK) »
Thank you again. I'm just so grateful for every crumb of information. Am annoyed that I lost longer post to you as I explained bigger picture.  Will try to do that again tomorrow in post. sounds as though Alexander's widow continued to take part in BrAunton life after her husbands death in 45. Alexander was never married to my grandmother -part of the reason for the research !

Offline colingvos

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Saturday 11 November 17 15:25 GMT (UK) »
My grandfather was Alexander Kirk Traill.  He was GP in Braunton. His second wife was Barbara Sybil Godby, they married in 1923. Their daughter, my mother , Jean Barbara Gordon Traill, lives in Spain.
Are we family?

Offline Alcresta

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Sunday 12 November 17 15:40 GMT (UK) »
Dear Colin

Thank you for getting in touch. There is certainly a possibility that we have the same grandfather but its complicated. My fathers birth certificate does not identify his father but he was baptised ALEXANDER TRAILL Griffiths - GRIFFITHS being the name of my grand mother who was unmarried at the time.  I was always told that my grandfather was a Doctor and having looked into things a bit, I can certainly place him and my grandmother in the same place before my father was born. all This was a long time ago (my father was born in 1918) and who can blame anyone for what happened during war time when every day might be your last.  Perhaps that enough for now.  Let me know if you need anything more.