Author Topic: James Whitehead early 1700s - Can i get any further back?  (Read 2840 times)

Offline GingerVicky

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: James Whitehead early 1700s - Can i get any further back?
« Reply #18 on: Friday 13 November 15 23:03 GMT (UK) »
Thank you for all that. I didn't know what happened to Henry.  That is interesting

Offline rolnora

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Saturday 14 November 15 17:38 GMT (UK) »
Hi Vicky,
Having had a look at James' will there is nothing more that I can see other than the details you already have. :'(

The will for Edward is on Ancestry, he made it two weeks before his death and the tone of the will indicates that knew he hadn't long to live.
The executors are his cousin Charles Whitehead Esq and Thomas White Timber Merchant.
His estate to be divided between his three children Sarah, Mary Ann and Edward when they reach the age of twenty one years.
Witnessed by Thomas Whitehead and James ? think surname is Sandreell or something like that
Hope this doesn't add more confusion to the mix. ::)

It's very frustrating and I do feel for you but we seem to be going round in circles and not getting you back to what your looking for so I'm wondering if you would perhaps get more help with this on one of the London boards. There will be plenty of members on those boards  who know the locality and may have records and registers not yet on line and I do think that they will be much better placed to help you. :(

Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline GingerVicky

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Sunday 15 November 15 09:57 GMT (UK) »
Thank you for all your help. I appreciate it.  The problem is there are just too many James whiteheads. I did ask the London board and that's when someone came up with the James and Ellenin Cheshire but without proof iit'sno more than guesguesswork.
But thanks anyway x

Offline elzabels

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Sunday 15 November 15 17:00 GMT (UK) »
Having looked I would stick with London area,