Author Topic: Can anyone recommend a Liverpool researcher??  (Read 4441 times)

Offline Tom Langley

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Can anyone recommend a Liverpool researcher??
« on: Thursday 29 October 15 18:46 GMT (UK) »
Im trying to find a researcher who can look into my liverpool ancestors for me. I think they came from Ireland originally. I tried contacting some researchers i found online, but never go a reply from any of them.

Tom
Langley, Broughton, Taylor, Broad, Cooper, Owen, Bennion, Yorke, Knox, Norcup, Holland, Brookes, White, Davies, Huntbach, Bowler, Barnett.

Offline Rosinish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • PASSED & PAST
    • View Profile
Re: Can anyone recommend a Liverpool researcher??
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 29 October 15 18:51 GMT (UK) »
Hi Tom,

Have you already posted your requests on RC?

Annie
South Uist, Inverness-shire, Scotland:- Bowie, Campbell, Cumming, Currie

Ireland:- Cullen, Flannigan (Derry), Donahoe/Donaghue (variants) (Cork), McCrate (Tipperary), Mellon, Tol(l)and (Donegal & Tyrone)

Newcastle-on-Tyne/Durham (Northumberland):- Harrison, Jude, Kemp, Lunn, Mellon, Robson, Stirling

Kettering, Northampton:- MacKinnon

Canada:- Callaghan, Cumming, MacPhee

"OLD GENEALOGISTS NEVER DIE - THEY JUST LOSE THEIR CENSUS"

Offline Tom Langley

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 29 October 15 18:53 GMT (UK) »
As in the details of the family i need help on?
Langley, Broughton, Taylor, Broad, Cooper, Owen, Bennion, Yorke, Knox, Norcup, Holland, Brookes, White, Davies, Huntbach, Bowler, Barnett.

Offline Rosinish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • PASSED & PAST
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 29 October 15 18:57 GMT (UK) »
Yes, the family you need help with.

Annie

Ireland:- Cullen, Flannigan (Derry), Donahoe/Donaghue (variants) (Cork), McCrate (Tipperary), Mellon, Tol(l)and (Donegal & Tyrone)

Newcastle-on-Tyne/Durham (Northumberland):- Harrison, Jude, Kemp, Lunn, Mellon, Robson, Stirling

Offline Tom Langley

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 29 October 15 18:58 GMT (UK) »
Im posted this back in April:

My ancestor William White is proving quite difficult to trace. He was married to Hannah Wright on 16/12/1832 Toxteth Park. They had 3 children William b1836, Thomas b1839 and Catherine b1844.
William was a tobacconist.
In 1841 he appears to be living in Toxteth with his wife and son Thomas. He is down as being born in county.
I know this seems unlikely but he appears to be recorded as Thomas (Thos) in 1851 census 12 Rophers Row, Toxteth (surname transcribed as While on ancestry.co.uk, and White on FindMyPast) with 3 children. The dates for his wife and children all match, and so does his profession. It is just the name Thomas which is different and place of birth is Ireland not Lancashire.
He is then living at 9 Prophet St Toxteth in 1861 with Hannah, down as being born in ireland.

I could have a number of different people here, im quite lost!

Can someone help?

Offline Rosinish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • PASSED & PAST
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 29 October 15 19:02 GMT (UK) »
I have had the same problem in the past with "place of birth"

How do you mean the name Thomas is different....sorry I'm not following that?

Annie

Offline Tom Langley

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 29 October 15 19:07 GMT (UK) »
Well i followed the family through the census' and all the details stay more of less the same of all the family members, until the 1851 census where William doesnt appear at all, but a Thomas White with the exact same family. Sounds a bit crazy, but it all fits other than the first name.

Offline Rosinish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • PASSED & PAST
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Thursday 29 October 15 19:15 GMT (UK) »
Ah....I see now.

Is it possible his name was William Thomas or Thomas William & used both depending on circumstances or whoever else gave the info.

Everything seems to fit from looking at what you have.

The alternative is to look for other Families "White" in the same area on the censuses to see if there is another family with same names & occupation?

FindMyPast have their £1 offer on at the moment.....ends 31st if you don't have a full subscription.

Annie

Offline Tom Langley

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Thursday 29 October 15 19:20 GMT (UK) »
I couldnt find any other Whites that could fit. It is possible he was William Thomas or vice versa.
The next problem is tracking him back to Ireland. As one census just says Ireland, and the other looks like Stavre, Ireland, which isnt a place. I posted a screen shot of that a while ago and no one could find anywhere that matched that