Author Topic: Beatrice Elizabeth Park and Elizabeth Shiel.  (Read 4776 times)

Offline Kay99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Beatrice Elizabeth Park and Elizabeth Shiel.
« Reply #36 on: Thursday 12 November 15 20:30 GMT (UK) »
I checked the record and I don't think she is the right Rebecca.   

On her admission and case  notes she is actually 45 with last address Hove near Brighton.  Her husband was Owen Park - listed with the same address.    Her case notes state she had one child aged 22 Walter Thomas Park and she sounds extremely disturbed so I am relieved she is not the right Rebecca.

Kay

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline terianne

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Beatrice Elizabeth Park and Elizabeth Shiel.
« Reply #37 on: Monday 16 November 15 13:10 GMT (UK) »
word of warning when searching the Scottish records- especially the Scottish Borders

because of the traditions of name children it is very common for brothers to name their eldest 4 children the same and they could well be born around the same time - including using the same middle name - so check the records carefully - a niece/nephew could be visiting an uncle on the day of the census

this can also happen when dealing with family name over two generations, etc, for example  I have two Andrew Aitken's marrying a Helen (Nelly) Waldie - the two Andrew's are cousins and the two Helen's are Aunt & Niece, so they are a generation apart, so you have to check carefully

good idea to use maths for the women, if they have offspring.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.