Author Topic: Sarah Irene Warrell BOYES nee PINKSTONE  (Read 4757 times)

Offline sparrett

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Sarah Irene Warrell BOYES nee PINKSTONE
« Reply #18 on: Saturday 31 October 15 09:27 GMT (UK) »
Following the death recorded in 1951 for Irene BOYES who had lived in Sydney for 34 years

Hi lady Di,
In my experience of NSW death records,  I have not ever known the information in the column headed FATHER to be a record of how long the deceased was living anywhere.

I have usually seen it as "substitute" for lack of information about the father because it is not given on the full death certificate.

It is, I  believe, the AGE of the deceased and place of death. In other words a help to identify the person from the index where full parental information is lacking.

Sue

Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Lady Di

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Saturday 31 October 15 21:11 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Jennaya and Sue for the information and link to confirm the age of Irene Boyes (1951).

It's a shame as this record seemed to fit the brief but at least it can be ruled out now.

Cheers

Di
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline cando

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Saturday 31 October 15 22:36 GMT (UK) »
Hi Cando,

This is the correct birth.

"The I for Irene has been transcribed as a J

25616/1889     
PINKSTONE  Sarah J W
Father Thomas Mother Amelia
District Bowraville"

Regards, Jennaya

This post has been edited and information removed which included speaking to the OP and sending me a PM.  Makes my post about PM's look a bit silly.

Cando

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline sparrett

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Saturday 31 October 15 23:01 GMT (UK) »
Hi Lesley,

Did you know the sisters of Nona BOYES?
Violet Maude (KANE) -b 1911 and Dorothy Amelia (PERCY) b 1905?

Are there children of these women who may have information?

Sue

Offline sparrett

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Saturday 31 October 15 23:44 GMT (UK) »
Hi Cando,

This is the correct birth.

"The I for Irene has been transcribed as a J

25616/1889     
PINKSTONE  Sarah J W
Father Thomas Mother Amelia
District Bowraville"

Regards, Jennaya

This post has been edited and information removed which included speaking to the OP and sending me a PM.  Makes my post about PM's look a bit silly.

Cando

Hi Cando
Just working on memory here ;D
But I think Reply #11 said a PM would be coming your way following some sort of contact with the OP and I think #14 said it was of a "personal" or perhaps "sensitive" nature.

I think we can still follow the main line of the thread though. ;D

Sue

Offline Jo-Anne Slauenwhite

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Sunday 22 April 18 18:50 BST (UK) »
Hi,

My Grandmother Violet Maude Boyes (sister of Nona) searched her whole life as well for her mother 'Warrell' and my mother. Another daughter of Warrell, my Aunty Dolly (Dorothy) also searched her whole life and obviously Aunty Nona as well. I grew up with all the stories and I suspect she never made it to Sydney.

The letter Aunty Dolly put in the paper asking Irene Warrell to contact her was because someone had thought they saw her in Murwillumbah and the gossip traveled to Aunty Dolly. I spent some time with Aunty Dolly as a child.

Sarah Irene Warrell (went by the name Warrell) Pinkstone, was my great grandmother and she was born in Warrell Creek, NSW. (near Macksville and Nambucca Heads ).

It's quite the mystery because she wrote a farewell letter, which I read about 40 years ago - saying she's was leaving because of the untrue gossip (was it really her who wrote the letter?) we may never know. It did say that if anyone wanted to contact her to put it into the Sydney paper on the first of the month and she would read it. I met her sister in law (supposedly her best friend) when I was young with my mother and grandmother. Her sister in law refused to discuss her other than Warrell first asked the taxi diver to take her to the train station and then asked the taxi driver to take her back to her children (that she couldn't leave her babies)... and then we were told our visit was over because she didn't want to talk about her anymore ...hmm... but Warrell was never seen again so how could she know that she asked the taxi to take her back? As horrible as it seems, I truly suspect my great grandmother was murdered, quite possibly very close to her home. We need to look into cold cases with the police in the area where they lived. The children were sent to grow up in the convent after she disappeared.

Jo-Anne

Offline Gaudrontree

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Saturday 22 April 23 05:39 BST (UK) »
Hello, I hope this thread is still going.
I am trying to find the relations of "Queenie" Pinkstone from Warrell Creek and later Eungai/ Eungai rail.
From what I can gather she was an aunt or cousin of my father. I had met her as a young kid when I visited my grandparents who had the post office and store in Warrell creek.
Any information would be appreciated.
thanks
Graeme
Sunshine Coast, Queensland
Australia