Author Topic: Fewell family of Suffolk.  (Read 744 times)

Offline findem

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Fewell family of Suffolk.
« on: Saturday 31 October 15 00:32 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

I'm wondering if anyone else is researching the family of Robartt Fewell and his wife Marie Boughtell?

Robartt and Marie married 20 April 1581 at Withersfield, Suffolk, info via Family Search.

Their first child Giles baptised 12 April 1581 at Withersfield, Suffolk, info via Family Search.

Giles is the only child for that family I've been able to find and living in Australia I'm finding Suffolk resources very limited.  Family Search has only a handful of Suffolk Fewells none of whom seem linked to Robartt and Marie, Free Reg have zero Suffolk Fewells.

I would dearly like to know of any other children of Robert and Marie Fewell in order to compare the names with the names of those children of Giles and Elizabetha, currently it seems to me my only hope of finding other children is if someone else is researching them. 

The only thing resembling a clue that Giles Fewell husband of Elizabetha may have been born in Withersfield is the fact that the first child of Giles and Elizabetha was named Marie who was baptised at Thaxted Essex 19 August 1604.

The research of a deceased Fewell researcher claims that the 1581 Giles Fewell went to Essex where he married Elizabetha Trueman/Trewman at Thaxted in 1603 and founded my Essex Fewell line.  This information was given to myself and others some years ago who were researching our Essex Fewells by the son whose father (deceased) researched the Fewells, the info was very scant but I have been able to fill it out with dates, unfortunately our informant didn't get back to us with further details as promised and attempts by myself to contact him have been unanswered.

I have wondered if perhaps Robert & Marie also went to Essex but I can find nothing to suggest that.

So if anyone else out there is researching this family, or has any knowledge of them, I would very much appreciate hearing from you.

Regards.

Concentrating currently on:
Essex: Card, Harris, Stowell, Theobald/Tibbles & Turner.
Norfolk: Beale, Cork & Dalton.
Yorkshire: Oswald Sturdy birth/baptism c1708, Oswald where the devil are you?

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline diddymiller

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Fewell family of Suffolk.
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 03 November 15 15:07 GMT (UK) »
there are a couple of Fewells on the Suffolk burial index - not know if related to yours but seems likely somewhere along the line as so few in county:

Judith Fewell   wid.  7/10/1681 Bury ST Edmunds, St Mary's

Thomas Fewell  13/11/1727 Sudbury

Diddy
Cooks -(Clackmannanshire); Erskines - (fife); Youngs - (Dunfermline); Charltons - (Tyneside ); Skillings - (N.Norfolk); Legg - (N.Yorks, Tyneside) ; Carter - (Durham); Miller -(suffolk); Pattinson -(Lincs)

Offline findem

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Fewell family of Suffolk.
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 03 November 15 22:10 GMT (UK) »
Hi diddy,

Many thanks for those two burials, I don't know where they fit in or if they do with my lot but they might be a clue so I'll make note of them.

All contributions gratefully received.  :)

Regards.
Concentrating currently on:
Essex: Card, Harris, Stowell, Theobald/Tibbles & Turner.
Norfolk: Beale, Cork & Dalton.
Yorkshire: Oswald Sturdy birth/baptism c1708, Oswald where the devil are you?

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk