Author Topic: OAMARU MARRIAGE PLEASE.  (Read 3408 times)

Offline Janette

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Good night Kiwi
    • View Profile
Re: OAMARU MARRIAGE PLEASE.
« Reply #9 on: Monday 02 November 15 03:36 GMT (UK) »
PM sent with death notices

Cheers Janette

Offline jaybelnz

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • My Runaway Bride! Thanks to Paula Too!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 02 November 15 04:10 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Janette!  That's great!

Jeanne
"We analyse the evidence to draw a conclusion. The better the sources and information, the stronger the evidence, which leads to a reliable conclusion!" Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk.

MATHEWS, Ireland, England, USA & Canada, NZ
FLEMING,   Ireland
DUNNELL,  England
PAULSON,  England
DOUGLAS, Scotland, Ireland, NZ
WALKER,   Scotland
WATSON,  England, Ayrshire, Scotland, NZ
McAUGHTRIE, Ayrshire, Scotland, NZ
MASON,     Scotland, England, NZ
& Connections

Offline jaybelnz

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 26 February 16 11:52 GMT (UK) »
Just an update on this enquiry.  Wanted to let you all know that I've just been contacted this week by the son of Margaret Watson and Clifford Carl Delvental, (married 1960 in Otahuhu), through his friend that contacted me initially in November.

So we've started the process of sharing our information, and thanks to all your help, I've been able to clear up some questions for him, and he's clearing up some for me.  As always, answers bring new questions, and we have a way to go yet, but I've sent him details of his Mum's family, which he didn't know anything about, and we have begun sharing the stories, records and photos of our families, and those of our common ancestors that I already have, - our Watson great grandparents, and further back another couple of generations from them.

His friend is helping him with what I've sent, my emails are cc'd to each of them, and his friend is setting up his tree, and will be sending me copies of certs photos etc. His father and mother have both passed away, sadly, his mother as recently as last February,

Unfortunately, I can't get the divorce records yet, due to a 60 year embargo on those, still a few years to go on that. "The Truth" report is proving difficult to find as well, again too recent to be in Papers Past, although I did try anyway, and still looking for another possible Archive where that could be accessed. MODIFIED TO ADD - Phoned the National Library in Wellington just now, THEY HAVE IT, and will email it to me within the next 10 days!  Woohoo!

So I want to thank you all sincerely for helping me to make this contact possible, it just wouldn't have happened without your input, and it's really very much appreciated! 

Warm regards
Jeanne 🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺
"We analyse the evidence to draw a conclusion. The better the sources and information, the stronger the evidence, which leads to a reliable conclusion!" Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk.

FLEMING,   Ireland
DUNNELL,  England
PAULSON,  England
WALKER,   Scotland
& Connections

Offline VickiKeen

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 01 June 16 11:24 BST (UK) »
Hi I think you may be enquiring about my father. Bill McRandall, he was married to Peggy. You can contact me if you would like by reply.
Kind regards

Offline jaybelnz

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 01 June 16 12:27 BST (UK) »
Hello Vicki, very nice to meet you, Peggy was my Mum's first cousin.

You need to have at least 3 posts before being able to send and receive Private Messages.  If you can post two more replies on here, just a smiley face will do it.  Then I can PM you with my email address etc. 

FLEMING,   Ireland
DUNNELL,  England
PAULSON,  England
WALKER,   Scotland
& Connections

Offline jaybelnz

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Thursday 21 September 17 09:25 BST (UK) »
Just looking through this thread again.  It's sad that the last poster, Vicki Keen, has only made that one and only single post.  I'm hoping she might get a notification of this, and will post a couple of smileys or something on here and so activate her PM's !  It would be great to "meet her"!

FLEMING,   Ireland
DUNNELL,  England
PAULSON,  England
WALKER,   Scotland
& Connections

Offline kiwihalfpint

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Women and Cats will do as they please
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Thursday 21 September 17 10:49 BST (UK) »
I'm hoping she might get a notification of this,

Looks like she did, I saw her light on when I got a notification of this.

Cheers
KHP
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Gingkitten79

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday 30 January 18 07:02 GMT (UK) »
Hi I would really love to make contact with you as I have recently found information (Margaret Delventel) was my biological Grandmother. My daughter's and I are looking to fill gaps on our family tree.

Offline jaybelnz

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday 30 January 18 08:41 GMT (UK) »
Hello Gingkitten79.  Welcome to Rootschat!  What a lovely surprise! I certainly have plenty of family info for your gaps!  And photos.  Peggy was my Mum's 1st cousin!

We're not permitted to put our email addresses on here, but if you just make 1 more post here, (just a smiley will do it) your private message box will then be activated and I will be able to private message you my email address and we can get started on it.

Look forward to hearing from you!

Cheers
Jeanne 🌺

FLEMING,   Ireland
DUNNELL,  England
PAULSON,  England
WALKER,   Scotland
& Connections