Author Topic: Wee William Bell where is he..please help??  (Read 795 times)

Offline GrannyBell

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Wee William Bell where is he..please help??
« on: Sunday 01 November 15 14:22 GMT (UK) »
Im looking for William Bell who was registered in 1901 census for Marjoriebanks aged 20 as a journeyman shoemaker. Info I do have for him..Born 15 June 1879 at Lauderhook (Corrie) Parish of Dryfesdale to Nicholas Farish and William Bell (father died a few days later at same address) William Jnr has disappeared he is not registered with his Mother and sister (Janet Bell born 1878) in 1911 census of marjoriebanks. Can anyone please help find wee william please?or at least point me in the right direction. Unsure if married/and or moved away from area. Ive come to a dead end with him. Thank you I know its a long shot as the trail goes cold so many times, Id love to find out what happened to him.

Offline AMBLY

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Wee William Bell where is he..please help??
« Reply #1 on: Monday 02 November 15 04:19 GMT (UK) »
Hi

In the 1911 Census for his mother, does she indicate how many live children she bore and how many are deceased (if any)? And if she did, and if you can account for the whole number of births,  does William figure in that data as a living child?

Cheers
AMBLY
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

"Now that we're all here, I'm not sure if we're all there...."

Entre los individuos, como entre las naciones, el respeto al derecho ajeno es la paz
 Among individuals, as among nations, respect for the rights of others is peace
    ~Benito Juarez (1806-1872)

Offline GrannyBell

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Wee William Bell where is he..please help??
« Reply #2 on: Monday 02 November 15 10:49 GMT (UK) »
Hi

In the 1911 Census for his mother, does she indicate how many live children she bore and how many are deceased (if any)? And if she did, and if you can account for the whole number of births,  does William figure in that data as a living child?

Cheers
AMBLY

Hi Ambly
Thank you for your reply, Just checked the 1911 census again and his mother (age 66) by this time does not give info on how many children she had, although I do know that one child (her daughter Janet is living with her, at the time) I can also account for her other sons Robert and James. Just William I cannot account for.