Author Topic: Kildollagh Fishloughan Robert Cox  (Read 5064 times)

Offline dunvr

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Kildollagh Fishloughan Robert Cox
« Reply #27 on: Wednesday 04 November 15 10:32 GMT (UK) »
How many credits will it take to view the cert?

Offline dunvr

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Wednesday 04 November 15 10:51 GMT (UK) »
I have now seen the transcript on Groni

Married at St Pauls Church of Ireland, Kildollagh

so its very likely Robert Cox of Fishloughan marries 8th Nov 1864 Elizabeth Cochrane both of full age.

Elizabeth is the one in the 1901 census b c 1834 it maybe possible to locate her death?

Gravestone possible for Elizabeth?

Robert Cox's son John was unmarried at age 43 in 1901 it maybe possible to locate him to

any help appreciated. Thats all for tonight I hope for some finds tomorrow

Offline dunvr

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Wednesday 04 November 15 11:42 GMT (UK) »
The whole 1864 marriage certificate shows father Of Robert Cox from Loughan is Moses Cox

he is in 1831 census

Kildollagh Pullans Moses Cox

The 1864 marriage also shows both Robert & Elizabeth at Loughan

There for Moses Cox is the brother of Jane Cox my ggg grandmother

Can anyone find anthing on Moses Cox at Kildollagh?

Offline familyroutes

• RootsChat Senior
  • The O'Kane Family Garvagh
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Wednesday 04 November 15 13:23 GMT (UK) »
Familysearch has this possibility        https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:FTXQ-5TY

Also, here are Eliza and William Crawford in the 1911...looks like they may not have had any children
http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1911/Londonderry/Knockantern/Drumaduan/590554/

So, if John didn't marry this may be the end of this family line. Have you checked for other children of Robert and Eliza.
O'Kane, O'Mullan: Garvagh Derry
Bowe: Currabaha ,Waterford
McManus: Aghagallon ,Antrim
McGowan: Drumshambo, Leitrim

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Wednesday 04 November 15 13:39 GMT (UK) »
The whole 1864 marriage certificate shows father Of Robert Cox from Loughan is Moses Cox
he is in 1831 census
Kildollagh Pullans Moses Cox
Can anyone find anthing on Moses Cox at Kildollagh?

You can check Griffith's Valuation and the Revision Books (www.proni.gov.uk) to see if Moses appears in the townland of Pullans or that area.

But it looks like you've already been given some of this information before?
http://boards.ancestry.co.uk/localities.britisles.ireland.ldy.general/4236.2/mb.ashx
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline familyroutes

• RootsChat Senior
  • The O'Kane Family Garvagh
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Wednesday 04 November 15 16:34 GMT (UK) »
Manus, like Robert is in the 1860-63 valuation book but crossed off in the 1864-80 book.
O'Kane, O'Mullan: Garvagh Derry
Bowe: Currabaha ,Waterford
McManus: Aghagallon ,Antrim
McGowan: Drumshambo, Leitrim

Offline dunvr

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Thursday 05 November 15 02:06 GMT (UK) »
Hi aghadowey & familyroutes yes I last looked at this in 2011 on ancestry but did not identify Moses Cox as the father or properly locate Robert, this time around we are getting somewhere. I see Eilza the daughter born just before Robert married in 1864. Yes Eliza born 1864 she is the one in the 1901 census (with her mother) Eliza jnr married with William Crawford. It does seem to that the family died out. John Cox having no children. But what of his mysterious unknown uncles?

I did see an Eliza Cox died in 1901 born c1839. The age does not match the 1901 census age but it could still be the same Elizabeth?

Is Manus another form of Moses? I can only find Moses Cox on the land records and 1831 census. The census suggests he was married with several sons.

Why can I not find any marriage or death for Moses Cox? I had look on family search but have had no luck locting his other children. I would like to find the death record for Moses to but no luck so far. Any further help appreciated. Thanks 

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Thursday 05 November 15 09:30 GMT (UK) »
Why can I not find any marriage or death for Moses Cox? I had look on family search but have had no luck locting his other children. I would like to find the death record for Moses to but no luck so far.
Civil registration of deaths began in 1864 so if Moses died before that date there will be no death certificate. Registration of non-Catholic marriages began in 1845 so also too late.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline dunvr

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Thursday 05 November 15 09:55 GMT (UK) »
 Hi aghadowey he is listed on the marriage cert of Robert Cox it does not mention him to be deceased. I therefor am guessing he was still alive in 1864? Would the Moses Cox in 1831 census be the same Moses Cox in Griffiths 1859? Or could they be father and son? According to what I have seen Pullins for 1831 where Moses Cox is appears to be in Ballyrashane. This is where my Norris line is from. I know there is an old graveyard at Ballyrashane but only have info on Norris burials there. I wonder if a Cox grave survives in the old Ballyrashane cemetery? Would Moses not be listed on some of his other childrens documents post 1864? What are church records lilke for Ballyrashane? I haven't seen any searchable Ballyrashane church lists on line. I am not having much luck finding any more on Moses Cox. If I can get his parents name that would be my GGGG grandparents at the moment their names not known to me. Thanks