Author Topic: My Williams  (Read 1699 times)

Offline elacass

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
My Williams
« on: Tuesday 03 November 15 12:59 GMT (UK) »
I'm trying to find my Williams's but cant seem to find them on the censors, so could do with a helping hand off one of you kind people.
I have just received a birth certificate of a relative who lived in Blaenau Ffestiniog Merioneth.
Richard G Williams 1930-1971. Address at birth(cant find this anywhere) was ''5 Tanyfron terrace'' Blaenau Ffestiniog. Iv'e been looking at old maps and still can not find this address.
At some point between birth and age 24, Richard moved with siblings and parents to '8 Hafod Ryffydd Blaenau Ffestiniog'.
I have a couple of photographs of him in uniform, both taken a few years apart, and think he may have been in the Army upon leaving school, and up untill he was married(1955) at the age of 24. Again, I cant find him in military records, I'm quite certain he was with the Artilleries, but what county? Can't find a thing.
I also have just received his marriage certificate which states he married a Miss V M Jones of Preswylfa Ffestiniog. But from that he seem's to have vanished again.
Could anyone help me with this please?
At birth, Richard G Williams was living at 5 Tanyfron Bl-Ff with parents Mr Richard H Williams, and Mrs GL Williams (nee Hughes)

Online CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: My Williams
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 03 November 15 17:10 GMT (UK) »
Hi and welcome to Rootschat

You are looking for information that can only be given by living relatives as it was 1955 onwards.  What is your relationship to him as there may be children who are still alive and their details cannot be given here.  There is also the possibility his wife is still alive given Richard was only born in 1930

His marriage cert should show the full christian names of his wife and as he was only 41 when he died - did she re-marry?  You can look for marriages on many of the subscription websites

His death cert will give you details of who reported his death and their relationship to him plus the address where he was living at that time.

Re: military records see this link

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=651361.0
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline dcbnwh

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 04 November 15 09:45 GMT (UK) »
I am not sure if this is the right location for Tanyfron, but there is one in nearby Tanygrisiau.

On the 1891 Census, there are three families:
Tan y Fron:
Laura Williams, head, age 66
John Jones, head, age 32
Griffith Evans, head, age 52.

1911: Only one household found at Tan y Fron.

The house is adjacent to the railway line at the end of London Terrace.

Searching on Tanyfron Terrace on the new 1939 Register, only one family appears in the index:
Ethel M and Williams Jones.

However, if you search on Ffestiniog as 'Place' and Tanyfron as 'Street', you will find the above plus four of your family, together with two who are blocked, presumed to be still alive.

There is a charge to view.

David

Offline elacass

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 04 November 15 11:50 GMT (UK) »
Thank you both for your help.
R G Williams was my paternal grandfather. He married my paternal grandmother 'Violet Maureen nee Jones' in 1955. He later died in 1971 and my grandmother re-married and became a 'Roberts'.
My grandmother died 1995, leaving no one (family) left to answer my questions unfortunately.
My grandfather R, Glyn Williams had a brother and two sisters, one of those sisters are still living today but I don't know were.
I live in Ffestiniog myself and know of a Tanyfron in Tanygrisiau, but there are just two-three house's there scattered, and I'm looking for a number 5 Tanyfron, so am a little confused by this.
Up until the 50s, there was a row of house's 'Tanyfron terrace' in Blaenau Ffestiniog, and also a couple of other Tanyfron's to, leaving me a bit like a headless chicken. 

Offline nestagj

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 04 November 15 12:25 GMT (UK) »
If you unlock the 1939 record - you will (if you're lucky) get a map of the area.

I have checked three of my records two give decent maps and one is about 20 miles out.

Nesta