Author Topic: Minster in sheppey parish registers  (Read 2300 times)

Offline redtonyt

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Minster in sheppey parish registers
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 04 November 15 10:25 GMT (UK) »
Update.

Maria Gammon was buried at Minster on 9 July 1815 from the Poor House (Parish Funeral) aged 22.

No burial for Job Gammon!

Could he have been adopted?

When Job Mummery married in 1836 the witnesses were William Lee and Fran Gibbons.  No obvious help.

Tony

Offline sarahmocat

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Minster in sheppey parish registers
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 04 November 15 16:06 GMT (UK) »
Thanks again to everyone.
My ancestor is Sarah Mummery and although I don't have a baptism for her (should be around 1816) I know from her marriage details that her father was Stephen Mummery. The Job Mummery I mentioned appears on the 1841 and 51 census and is the right age to be a brother of Sarah. Another clue is that in 1841 living with Job is one Osborn Lee aged 12 - he is the son of William & Eliza Lee and Sarah Mummery's first husband (married in 1834) was the widower William Lee. So I was sort of guessing that in 1841 Osborn might have been staying with his step-uncle.
Tony, your update about the witnesses at Job's wedding does help because if I am right that Job and Sarah were siblings then William Lee was Job's brother in law.
Intrigued by Job Gammon and mother Maria - wonder if Maria was related to the Mummerys and they took in her son after her death or perhaps Stephen was his father but he couldn't marry Maria as he was already married to Catherine???