Author Topic: William Bruce + Watson  (Read 1384 times)

Online ev

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Drumkilbo
    • View Profile
Re: William Bruce + Watson
« Reply #18 on: Monday 16 November 15 17:03 GMT (UK) »
Further possible references from the indexed IGI -
https://familysearch.org/search/collection/igi/results?count=20&query=%2Bsurname%3Agibb~%20%2Bbirth_place%3Amarykirk%20%2Bbirth_year%3A1770-1800~%20%2Bfather_givenname%3Ajohn~%20%2Bsubcollection_id%3A5&igi=2

I have a copy of a death cert for a Helen Gibb (other name Bruce) 1862 daughter of (something) Gibb and Isobel Dakers(?) 77

ev
Census information Crown copyright , All Census information from transcriptions - check original records , The IGI is a finding tool only - check original records

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Mollyrobz

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday 17 November 15 07:36 GMT (UK) »
Regarding mary beattie, there was one that died 1959 in Benholm other surname Watson, Daughter of william Beattie and Mary Leighton yet when I search for a birth in the OPRs the only one remotely close is a Mary Beattie, dau of David Beattie and Margaret Robertson. I'm not sure which one is mine  ???
Molly

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Online ev

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Drumkilbo
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday 17 November 15 08:47 GMT (UK) »
Unfortunately for various reasons the Parish records are not complete.
Also the parents named on a death certificate were only to the best of the informant's knowledge , as
many of us have discovered the information is not always accurate.

ev
Census information Crown copyright , All Census information from transcriptions - check original records , The IGI is a finding tool only - check original records

Offline Mollyrobz

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday 17 November 15 19:24 GMT (UK) »
Hello Ev,
So are you saying that it could quite possibly be the same person? Oh no, that makes things even more difficult
Molly

Offline rsayle

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Friday 03 February 17 08:38 GMT (UK) »
Fun... William was my great, great uncle. George Bruce, William's younger brother, was my great grandfather.