Author Topic: Fife families  (Read 4628 times)

Offline GUT

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Fife families
« Reply #9 on: Monday 23 January 17 04:14 GMT (UK) »
Hi Gut,

What is your source please?

I would imagine the surname to be something more like Rennie rather than Rennex?

Annie

My source my mum was a Rennex, till she married dad, she is still alive, I knew her dad, my grandfather very well, it was his mum.

Now was it Rennie somewhere back in the past, maybe, but I have it as Rennex back a fair way. I don't have that computer with me at the moment.
Gorton
Payne
Cornwallis
Duncombe
Rennex
Praeger

Offline kirstyfairfull

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 07 April 19 15:47 BST (UK) »
I can also connect to James Fairfull & Janet Auchterlonie from their eldest son Alexander who married Alison Nicol in 1839 in the Wemyss .There are 2 connections between Fairfull,s & Rollo,s Alison & Robert and Alison,s brother Alexander,s gr-gr-granddaughter Isabella Hughes Murray Rollo who married my uncle Thomas Fairfull in 1954 .
Dundee. Pullar, Gray, Calman,Halket.
Fife, Auchterlonie, Binnie, Briggs,Dempster,Herd,Mann,Kidd, Grubb, Rollo,Henderson,McLaren, Fairfull,Weir. Just to name a few.

Offline Rosinish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • PASSED & PAST
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 07 April 19 20:49 BST (UK) »
What is your source please?

My source my mum was a Rennex, till she married dad, she is still alive, I knew her dad, my grandfather very well, it was his mum.

Now was it Rennie somewhere back in the past, maybe, but I have it as Rennex back a fair way. I don't have that computer with me at the moment.

I had forgot about this post until now (latest reply) but the reason I queried it was...

On SP (scotlandspeople) there are only 111 instances of the surname Rennex, the earliest being 1849 (in Scotland) although you haven't said where (Country) your Rennex family were from 'back a fair way'?

Annie
South Uist, Inverness-shire, Scotland:- Bowie, Campbell, Cumming, Currie

Ireland:- Cullen, Flannigan (Derry), Donahoe/Donaghue (variants) (Cork), McCrate (Tipperary), Mellon, Tol(l)and (Donegal & Tyrone)

Newcastle-on-Tyne/Durham (Northumberland):- Harrison, Jude, Kemp, Lunn, Mellon, Robson, Stirling

Kettering, Northampton:- MacKinnon

Canada:- Callaghan, Cumming, MacPhee

"OLD GENEALOGISTS NEVER DIE - THEY JUST LOSE THEIR CENSUS"