Author Topic: Ryan & Healy  (Read 1062 times)

Offline anniedwyer84

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Irish Nutter on the Hunt for Rellies :-)
    • View Profile
Ryan & Healy
« on: Sunday 08 November 15 16:52 GMT (UK) »
Hi!! Have a marriage cert of my great-uncle, James Ryan who on the 17th February 1901 married Bridget Healy in the Catholic Church of Killenanule, Co. Tipperary, Ireland. Fathers of the bride & groom were Thomas Ryan & Philip Healy.

I'm trying to hunt down where James and Bridget ended up, as I cannot find them together on the 1901 or 1911 Census of Ireland. Nor can I find any children of theirs born here & as I don't have access to rootsireland.ie to check for children - I'm hitting a roadblock there!!

Any help would be very much appreciated, thank you,

Annie
The surnames, which I am interested in are; Maternal side: Ryan, Kevin, Grant, Grady, Gleeson, Walsh, Dwyer, Paternal side: O' Dwyer, Woodlock, Rochford & Britton - all in Tipperary; and Kelly and Hoynes in Laois.

Ryan, Campbell, Luttrell, Grant, Grahame, Bainbridge and Brown in Queensland, Australia

Tighe in Victoria, Australia.

Grant in Philadelphia, Sullivan and Penny in New York; and Britton in Connecticut

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Give a man a record and you feed him for a day.
Teach a man to research, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Ryan & Healy
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 08 November 15 17:19 GMT (UK) »
Give a man a record and you feed him for a day.
Teach a man to research, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Offline anniedwyer84

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 08 November 15 17:31 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for those links, Hallmark - The two census links could be something but I have no idea. I know in 1905 - James was a witness to his brother William's first marriage in the same village along with a Margaret Sheedy. Could be possible that Briget died and he re-married. Anything is possible in this research lark   ;D
The surnames, which I am interested in are; Maternal side: Ryan, Kevin, Grant, Grady, Gleeson, Walsh, Dwyer, Paternal side: O' Dwyer, Woodlock, Rochford & Britton - all in Tipperary; and Kelly and Hoynes in Laois.

Ryan, Campbell, Luttrell, Grant, Grahame, Bainbridge and Brown in Queensland, Australia

Grant in Philadelphia, Sullivan and Penny in New York; and Britton in Connecticut

Offline dathai

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 08 November 15 18:04 GMT (UK) »

Offline taramcdsmall

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 08 November 15 19:39 GMT (UK) »
What was James' age at marriage, occupation and parent's names ?

Tara

Offline anniedwyer84

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 08 November 15 20:31 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for that Tara - father's names on the marriage cert are Thomas Ryan & Philip Healy. Ages were full age, so that's over 21. James was born in 1873 so would have been about 28 at time of marriage.

Dathai - thanks for that...could be something to go on :-)

Offline taramcdsmall

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Monday 09 November 15 07:25 GMT (UK) »
Hi There

Just to ask again,

What occupation was given for James on his marriage cert ?

As his brother is your blood you obviously know his Mum's name, what is it please ?

Also you say you know he was still in the area as he was best man at his brother's wedding.

Given such a common name it could have been another James Ryan so wouldn't actually guarantee the timeline.

Anyway, if you can answer the as and I'll see can I help.

Tara

Offline anniedwyer84

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Monday 09 November 15 15:04 GMT (UK) »
James was a labourer. His mother was Mary Ryan, nee Dwyer.