Author Topic: Emigration from Lisnadill parish  (Read 5332 times)

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Emigration from Lisnadill parish
« Reply #27 on: Tuesday 10 November 15 21:49 GMT (UK) »
So now I'm going to the National Archives in Dublin, and the PRONI in Belfast!  I think we'll add a few days to our travel schedule:
Thanks for all your efforts, and advice. 
Meredith

Might as well throw in the National Library in Dublin too... (IF they were freeholders!!)

A list of freeholders on the estates of the Earl of Charlemont in Co. Armagh, arranged alphabetically within each Barony, 1820
Give a man a record and you feed him for a day.
Teach a man to research, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Tuesday 10 November 15 21:58 GMT (UK) »
Copy of a schedule of leases of the Charlemont Estate, Co. Armagh, 1750-1829, made by T. G. F. Paterson from the original in the possession of Major Boyle and Sons, Armagh

Dublin: National Library of Ireland, Ms. 7369

might be worth considering??

Not expensive and Joe Harte can give you the cost if you email him  jharte2'at'nli.ie
Give a man a record and you feed him for a day.
Teach a man to research, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Offline Whyatt

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Thursday 17 August 17 08:52 BST (UK) »
Dear Meredith

I am a newcomer to RootsChat and I have just stumbled on your HANLIN posting.  My wife's Gt-Gt-Grandfather was the Thomas Hanlin who sailed with his mother, Anne Donnely Hanlin on the Tomatin in 1840.  We have just been in Kapunda and elsewhere chasing up some loose ends.
I have never pursued the Irish end, nor to any extent, Thomas' brother James, but I now have a truckload of info on Thomas and his son George.  I have just "completed" a write up of the life of George Hanlin which touches heavily on his father Thomas (but like almost all of this is likely to be a work-in-progress forever).
I should be interested to know how far you got in your enquiries.  My own notes on James Hanlin are sparse - just his marriage to Mary MacKellar and their family births.

Whyatt