Author Topic: photo request Eliza Beatty buried there 24 Sep. 1867 in Westbury, Wilts.  (Read 815 times)

Offline HughC

• RootsChat Veteran
  • et patribus et posteritati
    • View Profile
photo request Eliza Beatty buried there 24 Sep. 1867 in Westbury, Wilts.
« on: Tuesday 10 November 15 10:44 GMT (UK) »
Does some kind soul live in Westbury, Wiltshire, and would be prepared to find and photograph the grave of Eliza Beatty who was buried there 24 Sep. 1867?

I understand there is a stone with inscription, but I don't know whether in a cemetery or churchyard.  She was probably Anglican.

Sorry: I should have asked when the weather was better!

Bagwell of Kilmore & Lisronagh, Co. Tipperary;  Beatty from Enniskillen;  Brown from Preston, Lancs.;  Burke of Ballydugan, Co. Galway;  Casement in the IoM and Co. Antrim;  Davison of Knockboy, Broughshane;  Frobisher;  Guillemard;  Harrison in Co. Antrim and Dublin;  Jones around Burton Pedwardine, Lincs.;  Lindesay of Loughry;  Newcomen of Camlagh, Co. Roscommon;  Shield;  Watson from Kidderminster;  Wilkinson from Leeds

Offline Milliepede

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: photo request Eliza Beatty buried there 24 Sep. 1867 in Westbury, Wilts.
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 10 November 15 12:30 GMT (UK) »
Probably best to try and find out exactly where she is buried first.  Could be in this cemetery.

Westbury Cemetery, Bratton Road, Westbury
Approximately 7,000 burial records are available. The First 3000+ burials dated 19th May 1857 to 10th February 1931 are available as computerised index data only.

I don't know if you can access the index yourself or ask the cemetery to check for her, there is an enquiry form online  :)

Hinchliffe - Huddersfield Wiltshire
Burroughs - Arlingham Glos
Pick - Frocester Glos

Offline HughC

• RootsChat Veteran
  • et patribus et posteritati
    • View Profile
Re: photo request Eliza Beatty buried there 24 Sep. 1867 in Westbury, Wilts.
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 17 November 15 19:20 GMT (UK) »
Thanks, Millie.

Unfortunately local authorities (in this case Wilts. Co. Council) don't see it as their job to answer such queries.
Bagwell of Kilmore & Lisronagh, Co. Tipperary;  Beatty from Enniskillen;  Brown from Preston, Lancs.;  Burke of Ballydugan, Co. Galway;  Casement in the IoM and Co. Antrim;  Davison of Knockboy, Broughshane;  Frobisher;  Guillemard;  Harrison in Co. Antrim and Dublin;  Jones around Burton Pedwardine, Lincs.;  Lindesay of Loughry;  Newcomen of Camlagh, Co. Roscommon;  Shield;  Watson from Kidderminster;  Wilkinson from Leeds