Author Topic: James Strachan of Cardenwell Fyvie completed Thanks  (Read 6878 times)

Offline waskett

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: James Strachan of Cardenwell Fyvie
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 04 November 14 14:27 GMT (UK) »
Hi Peggie St

I have just joined RootsChat.  I think we have been in contact many years ago.  My husband is a descendant of James Strachan of Fyvie.  Are you still researching this line?
Celia St

Hi Cath,

It would be wonderful if you could let the professor know that I have information on the Strachan clan, and am a descendant.  I apparently cannot reply to your message privately (?) as I am a new poster.  Any suggestions as I am not sure I would like to put my email out as public knowledge.

Peggie

Offline PeggieSt

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: James Strachan of Cardenwell Fyvie completed Thanks
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 08 November 14 16:39 GMT (UK) »
Hi Celia,

Yes, I remember corresponding with you a while ago.  I am still researching the Strachan line but am having no luck getting past George Strachan!   How about you?

Peggie

Offline waskett

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: James Strachan of Cardenwell Fyvie completed Thanks
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 09 November 14 09:12 GMT (UK) »
Hi Peggie
The recent research I have done is on James Strachan, 1863-1926 who was a Hebrew professor in Londonderry.  We visited his grave and went to his college and saw where he lived.  I don't expect to get back further in the Strachan line but as more and more newspapers are accessible online there should be more to find about Strachans of Fyvie or Grange. 

I want to contact the descendant of John Strachan of Brae Farm, Keith.  I have photos of John and his wife which I want to return to them but have lost their name or email address.

Hi Celia,

Yes, I remember corresponding with you a while ago.  I am still researching the Strachan line but am having no luck getting past George Strachan!   How about you?

Peggie