Author Topic: Harriet selina Lloyd  (Read 2386 times)

Offline thistlebay

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Harriet selina Lloyd
« on: Thursday 12 November 15 12:58 GMT (UK) »
I'm not sure if I've made a request some time way back but wonder if anyone can look up a birth of above named.
On 1881 she is married living in Prestwich Manchester age 31 born Ellesmere Shropshire Harriett Livesey
On 1891 she's age 40 born Shropshire. Harriet S Lutsey
On 1901 she's 50 born Salop Ellesmere. Harriet S Swesey
Yes! Was very difficult to find them!
She married Joseph Livesey in Manchester on 14 Feb 1874 she was 25 he was 23.  She lived at west bank Whalley Range Manchesterr.  She names her father as Edward a farmer.
I checked out the 1871 cns she was a servant in Charlton age 22 born Lee Shropshire.

1861 I found 2 possible
Selina Loyd age 17 single milliner, born Salop.
Harriet Lloyd born 1846 Oswestry living with Edward b1811 Knuttsford
Esther b1814 welshpool and Mary Anne b1844Oswestry.

Same family on 1851 but says father Edward born llanblodwell
There is child Mary Ann bpt 31/8/1843 at Ellesmere
Edward bpt 28/7/1842 at Knockin
Esther bpt 14/2/847 but no bapt with this family for Harriet b1846.

Have been trying to figure this one out for a few years and still don't have concrete info.

Any help appreciated.
Many thanks
 Catherine
Places:  Dublin, Stamullen, Julianstown, Meath, Shelvins in Monaghan, Donnybrook, Holywell Wales, Greenfield Wales, Baguilt Wales, Chester, Over in Cheshire, Tarporley in Cheshire, Bolton, Manchester UK, Clitheroe, Yorkshire West Riding, Bradford Yorks, Shipley Yorks

Surnames:  Griffith, Smy(i)th, McCormack, Stynes, McCabe, Howley, Raistrick, Laycock, Harding, Livesey, Unsworth, Hardin/en, Davies, Roberts, Johnson, Fielding

Offline Milliepede

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Harriet selina Lloyd
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 12 November 15 13:32 GMT (UK) »
There's a Selina Lloyd born Ellesmere Mar 1843 but that is probably too early  :-\

Harriet Salenah Lloyd born Mar 1850 - right names (kind of) but that's Ulverstone so rather off piste **

** scrap that one she is with parents John & Jane
Hinchliffe - Huddersfield Wiltshire
Burroughs - Arlingham Glos
Pick - Frocester Glos

Offline thistlebay

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 12 November 15 13:52 GMT (UK) »
Yes saw both these, but came to same conclusion.  But you never know if they are being truthful about their ages after her husband is younger than her  maybe she lied because of that.  But everything all seems to focus on the Salop, Lee, Ellesmere region for her birth its just finding the right one.  I've been researching this for about 3/4 years now.  Sadly Harriett died before 1911 so no more detail.  Selina is not a common name so would have thought it easy to find her with this middle or bptsm name  :-\
Thx for taking as look for me though.
Catherine
Places:  Dublin, Stamullen, Julianstown, Meath, Shelvins in Monaghan, Donnybrook, Holywell Wales, Greenfield Wales, Baguilt Wales, Chester, Over in Cheshire, Tarporley in Cheshire, Bolton, Manchester UK, Clitheroe, Yorkshire West Riding, Bradford Yorks, Shipley Yorks

Surnames:  Griffith, Smy(i)th, McCormack, Stynes, McCabe, Howley, Raistrick, Laycock, Harding, Livesey, Unsworth, Hardin/en, Davies, Roberts, Johnson, Fielding

Offline Milliepede

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 12 November 15 13:58 GMT (UK) »
Yes I agree about the name Selina.  There is a plain Harriet Lloyd baptised Ellesmere 30 Jul 1846 with mother Eliza Lloyd.  Single mother perhaps a sister of Edward who brought her up with his own children? 

Realms of fantasy but have learned to always post the implausible because once in a blue moon it turns out to be true!

What about the witnesses on the marriage - are they any help?  Worth looking at them just in case.
Hinchliffe - Huddersfield Wiltshire
Burroughs - Arlingham Glos
Pick - Frocester Glos

Offline keyboard86

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 12 November 15 14:27 GMT (UK) »
Hi Milliepede,  oddly that Harriett along with a Hannah baptism April 17th 1849 Ellesmere Mother Eliza and a Jane baptism 22nd April 1843 to an Edward /Sophia who married in 1842 Sophia being a Davies, the girls are all shown as Grandaughters to a Davies family in 1851 Ellesmere
Census ref HO107/1994/328/3
Keyboard86
Pelly/Pelley/Kingsbury/Challis/Nalder/Rochester/Raydenbow

UK Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Online rosie17

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 12 November 15 14:34 GMT (UK) »
The Harriet you have with the mother Esther is still with her in the 1891 census Oswestry so I think you could rule that one out also

Online rosie17

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 12 November 15 14:44 GMT (UK) »
And the marriage for Sophia Davies  to Edward Lloyd that keyboard mentions 1842 Sophia's fathers name Thomas so might be the same Thomas the children are with in the 1851 census Ellesmere

Offline thistlebay

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Thursday 12 November 15 14:56 GMT (UK) »
I've looked at all the Harriet(t)(of) l(l)oyd's born in that region on the 1851 cns's and came up with an elimination list but alas!! Still no help as none born 1849/50
Here is the list
Harriett Lloyd b1845 Ludlow age 6
Harriet Lloyd b1846 Oswestry age 5
Harriot Loyd b1846 Atcham age 5
Harriett Ann Lloyd b1847 Shiffnal age 4
Harriett Lloyd b1847 Ellesmere age 4
Harriet Lloyd b1851 Ludlow age 0
Harriot Lloyd b1851 Wellington Shropshire age 0

There was also one more I checked out which was in Stretford on 1861
Harriett Lloyd is a niece of Margaret and Joseph Holland says Harriet is 12, says she is born ?? Altrincham?? Margaret born Denbighshire.  So I checked out Margaret and joseh marriage and find out she was a Lloyd born c1820!!

Now this is just a mile or so from where I found Harriett on the 1871 CNS, if it was her that is, living with the Gwyther family as a servant cook born Lee Shropshire.  West Bank n Whalley Range where Harriet is listed as living on her marr cert is again just a mile or so up the road from here. 
I checked out Margaret Holland again to find that she died in 1866, her husband Joseph still victuallar at the horse and jockey pub where they all were on 1861 but on 71 he is widowed.

I did wonder if Altrincham should have been Atcham??

Margarets father was Edward!!!  Marriage cert of Harriet, no clues there, witnesses Arthur Peat and Mary Johnston

Still the plot thickens after all this time and still no closer to finding her.

Catherine

Offline thistlebay

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Thursday 12 November 15 15:42 GMT (UK) »
Thanks all
There are 2 families of Esther and Edward. :(

1851 Oswestry
The one I mention earlier in this thread Edward born Llanyblodwell 1800, Esther b1814 Welshpool, the have son on this Edward born Knockin 1842.

1861 same family with father Edward born Knuttsford ALTRINCHAM 1811, Esther born Welshpool 1814.  Son Edward ius missing from this one.

1871 same family but now only Esther born Montgomeryshire Welshpool still in Oswestry and widowed b1806, with her grandaughter Mary A Lloyd b1870.  Her children are not on this one.  Her daughter Esther b1847 died 1855.

1881Esther still in Oswestry b1819 Meofod with grandaughter age 12 Ann boirn Shrewsbury 1869.

1891 Esther Lloyd still in Oswestry born 1816 Welshpool

1901 Esther still going strong in Oswestry b1818 Welshpool Mont with Esther E  Lloyd b 1878 Denbigh cefn bychan

Esther died 1904 age 83.

There is another family On 1851 in Oswestry
Edward Lloyd b1775 Llanyblodwell, Mary b1773 same, Elizabeth b1806 same.
I suspect these are the parents of the above Edward B c1811

The other family.
1881chirk Oswestry
Edward Lloyd age 68 farmer bPentreheylin, Wife Easter age 60 Guildsfield, Mary Ann 7, Emily 21 William 17, Mary Moss 29 daughter, Joihn Moss 29 s i l, Edward Moss 11 grandson.

1871 same family Edward farmer of 160 acres age 57 with wife Easter and children.

1861same family

I cannot find a Harriet living with this family.

Catherine

Same family