Author Topic: COMPLETED Lewis, Ashford Carbonel(l)  (Read 637 times)

Offline clb222

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
COMPLETED Lewis, Ashford Carbonel(l)
« on: Thursday 12 November 15 14:20 GMT (UK) »
So here's my brick wall. I'm looking for Harriet Lewis, born in Ashford Carbonell in 1810/11 according to several censuses. No results on the IGI or Ancestry on a search for a birth/baptism, nothing on freereg.  I am stuck. She married James Goodman from Burford, just up the road in Herefordshire, somewhere between 1830 and 1834 - people on the Herefordshire board had a look for that with no luck, so the marriage was also possibly in Ashford Carbonell, and I can't find that either. I fished Harriet's surname from a child's certificate, but it hasn't been of much help. :'(
Very grateful for any assistance or ideas!

Offline Mr Gwynne Chadwick

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Lewis, Ashford Carbonel(l). Stuck!
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 12 November 15 14:41 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

There is this;
Harriet LEWIS, daughter of Samuel & Elizabeth, Christened on 30 April 1809 at Ashford Carbonell.

I have found the marriage of Harriet's parents and the Christening of their six children but, unless you ask for the information, I don't want to spoil your fun in researching yourself.

Hope it helps,
Gwynne
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Mr Gwynne Chadwick

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 12 November 15 14:55 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

Family Search had the marriage of James GOODMAN to Harriot LEWIS on 28 Apr 1833 at Edgbaston, Warwick.

Gwynne

Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline clb222

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 12 November 15 15:56 GMT (UK) »
Gwynne, thanks so much. I am mystified as to why these didn't appear when I searched! And also mystified as to why they would have married in Birmingham, but the date and names fit perfectly and maybe I'll find a connection at some future point. Very grateful for your help!
-clb  ;D