Author Topic: T124T Agreement  (Read 666 times)

Offline FWaters

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
T124T Agreement
« on: Thursday 12 November 15 14:34 GMT (UK) »
Hi there

Can anyone please tell me what is included in a T124T Agreement?

I requested an estimate to get a copy of my grandfather's T124T from the National Archives and they have quoted me £70.20 for 54 x A3 sheets.

Would one record for one person normally be that large?  54 A3 sheets seems an awful lot of paperwork but then not knowing what the T124T agreement involves, maybe this is normal?

Thanks
Fiona

Waters - Hull, Edinburgh(Leith), Glasgow
Hazard - Hull, Lincoln
Whitbread - Lincoln, Buckinghamshire
Hutchison - Edinburgh, Glasgow

Offline km1971

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: T124T Agreement
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 12 November 15 15:22 GMT (UK) »
It's an agreement to serve on an auxiliary war vessel in WW2. If you search the NA Catalogue you should get more.

The NA do not like looking through papers for specific items. So they often quote for copying a whole file. Then they  can get a trainee to do the job. So you may be getting a lot of information that is not about your specific need. Ask them for a list of researchers and ask 4-5 of them to quote providing the same information you gave the NA.

Ken

Offline FWaters

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 12 November 15 16:27 GMT (UK) »
Hi Ken

Many thanks for that advice.  My grandfather was on HM Rescue Tugs which is how I came across the T124T agreement.  I rather thought from what I'd read about it that it would only be a few pages at most, so your explanation makes sense. I will try to go down the researcher route depending on cost.

I appreciate your help.
Fiona
Waters - Hull, Edinburgh(Leith), Glasgow
Hazard - Hull, Lincoln
Whitbread - Lincoln, Buckinghamshire
Hutchison - Edinburgh, Glasgow

Offline HMac

• RootsChat Veteran
  • www.sscityofcairo.co.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 12 November 15 19:15 GMT (UK) »
Hello Fiona,
I agree with Ken, don't waste your money on TNA. Some T124T files I have are only one page. The file can be a bit hit or miss but a list of DSRT ships with dates he served should be there. He may have other MN records in pieces BT 382 and BT 372 if he served before and after T124 service.

Regards
Hugh     
Merchant Navy Research
ss CITY OF CAIRO