Author Topic: ROBINET/? Marriage  (Read 4001 times)

Offline warncoort

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • James Edward Butcher, son John William 1925
    • View Profile
Re: ROBINET/? Marriage
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 19 July 17 02:57 BST (UK) »
Hello,
William Robinet 1727-1778 is my 5xgreat grandfather.I am also cobbling together a faux one place study for Yaxley so i may take you up on your kind offer.
Eric
Butcher Westmorland and Lancashire
Barton Westmorland and Yorkshire
Trethowan,Reeves Middlesex
Halsall,Green,Charters,Chatterton Lancashire
Smith, Moger, Maxfield Wiltshire
Woods,Speechley and Coles Huntingdonshire
Gibson,Blanks,Monk,Fokes Essex

Offline Kousa

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: ROBINET/? Marriage
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 19 July 17 10:18 BST (UK) »
I am descended from Dorcas Robinet 1687-1747.  I found the Yaxley connection by chance when following the Langley family. Dorcas married at Yaxley 25/3/1710   William Langley  b. Yaxley about 1689- died about 1751.
Dorcas Langley died and was buried at Yaxley.  "England Deaths and Burials, 1538-1991," database, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:JZ14-4Z9 : 24 December 2014), Dorcas Langley, 15 Nov 1747; citing , reference ; FHL microfilm 1,040,731.
She had a son John Langley. I think it was John who was left £5 by a Robinet uncle who seems to have been a Shepherd!  The Langley's were Millers at Yaxley and Stilton. I am really trying to trace the surname of Ann that John Langley married but am interested to learn more of my Robinet ancestors and Yaxley.

Thompsons (of Rothwell and Ackworth Yorkshire); Binns, Spence, Dougill (all Quakers); Langley (of Yaxley and Stilton Huntingdonshire and Wentworth, Yorkshire); Coopers (of Eakring, Notts.); Cock(c)roft (of Lancs. and Yorkshire); Marshall (of Derbyshire); Alp and Mills (of Beccles Suffolk)