Author Topic: Robinson, Atkins Primmer & Dancey, Rosenallis/Mountmellick, CoI /Quaker  (Read 909 times)

Offline mindfulroz

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Robinson, Atkins Primmer & Dancey, Rosenallis/Mountmellick, CoI /Quaker
« on: Monday 16 November 15 21:05 GMT (UK) »
Facts I know: Arthur Atkins m Sarah Robinson 1817 at Mountmellick.  Sarah Atkins, d of Arthur A & Sarah R, married Daniel Nowlan Primmer ?of Maryborough) (b E Meon Hants England) Jan 1845 at Mtmellick. Daniel was a Sgt in 11th Foot Regiment & discharged 1853. No record of death of his wife Sarah Atkins

Richard A D Primmer born to Daniel Primmer & Sarah Atkins Dec 1848 Mountmellick according to an inherited family christening mug - but no record in parish registers, & no further records relating to RAD Primmer

Martha Atkins - father Arthur Atkins -  m my direct ancestor Pockridge Dancey/Dancy/Dansey 1846 Mountmellick (Is this Martha a sister of Sarah Atkins? the christening mug above was handed down  from this direct line, so it would suggest that the Atkins/Primmer line was related)

Daniel Primmer (widower, of Maryborough) m Elizabeth Margaret Robinson (father Robert Robinson, not in Tithe Applotement or Griffiths) at Mountmellick 1860 Is this Elizabeth related to Sarah Atkins' mother Sarah Robinson?

Anyone with information/suggested sources (Roots Ireland has nothing) much appreciated. Are there still parish CoI records for Maryborough/Portlaoise?

Offline landej

• RootsChat Extra
  • Searching for ancestors since 1966
    • View Profile
Re: Robinson, Atkins Primmer & Dancey, Rosenallis/Mountmellick, CoI /Quaker
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 17 November 15 00:13 GMT (UK) »
According to the list I have, the existing C of I parish records for Maryborough are as follows:
Baptisms 1793-2001
Marriages 1793-2007
Burials 1793-2001
I assume these are all available at the Representative Church Body Library in Dublin. Not sure if they are also available on Rootsireland. Some transcriptions are on From-Ireland.net but they start later.
The Quaker records are available locally at the Mountmellick museum and also at the Quaker Library in Dublin, but they request a 'voluntary' donation! Laois doesn't have its own Heritage Centre (Mayo has two) so local enquiries have to be made to the Offaly Heritage Centre at Tullamore. Hope this helps.
Landers (Laois, Dublin, Mayo, Chicago, NZ......), McDowell (NI), Bass (Dublin), Boxall (Sussex), Marchant (London)

Offline mindfulroz

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Robinson, Atkins Primmer & Dancey, Rosenallis/Mountmellick, CoI /Quaker
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 17 November 15 07:22 GMT (UK) »
Hi
Thanks. Now I don't need to find a reason to visit Dublin - I couldn't find anything on RootsIreland - and Primmer is not a common name! I do find their initial search function limited in that you have to specify an exact year not a range year (even though the search guidance says you can) & first name & surname - not easy when you only have one or the other
Mindful Roz