Author Topic: Talmage E Dawson (1894-1974) Look Up Requests  (Read 5731 times)

Offline cranberrysauce

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Talmage E Dawson (1894-1974) Look Up Requests
« Reply #18 on: Friday 29 April 16 07:26 BST (UK) »
Hello Cranberrysauce, Welcome to RootsChat :)

If you reply to this post again Brian will be then able to send you a PM - personal message.

Thanks for the welcome, Sarah.  I wasn't quite sure how to send a PM since I didn't see the option yet.  Thanks for telling me to post another reply. 

Offline briankaess

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Talmage E Dawson (1894-1974)
« Reply #19 on: Friday 03 June 16 20:14 BST (UK) »
  Talmage E Dawson was buried in Archer Woods Cemetery in Willow Springs, Illinois, on May 3 1974. He died on May 1 1974. The funeral home was Hanekamp Funeral Home in Glenview, Illinois. Also, Talmage middle name was confirmed as Edward by a 1942 WWII Draft Registration.

Offline briankaess

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Talmage E Dawson (1894-1974)
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday 07 June 16 19:16 BST (UK) »
  One relative said,  " I note that Talmage registered for the 1942 draft in Washington, DC.  My mom [Wanda Lou Dawson] talked about them living there during WWII.  They lived on Embassy Row, or Talmage's work was on Embassy Row, I can't remember which.  My mom used to play with the kids from the Thai embassy next door .  She and Talmage played cards during blackouts, when they would have to put stuff up on the windows to block out the light in case of an air raid.  I'm not sure exactly what work he did in Washington DC, but I keep thinking it was for the State Department.  I can't remember if either of my parents told me that, or somehow that's just the impression I got.  My dad said my mom thought Talmage looked like the Duke of Windsor.  My dad agreed that he looked aristocratic (his words)....
   My mom [Wanda Lou Dawson] said Talmage and Margaret had a stormy relationship. She thought Margaret was a very stylish woman." 

Offline briankaess

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Talmage E Dawson (1894-1974) Look Up Requests
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday 07 March 17 03:14 GMT (UK) »
Talmage may have had a sister named Margaret May Dawson (1884-1965), not to be confused with his 3rd wife Margaret Jane Swartz (1914-1997). This Margaret May Dawson was married to William Martin Frye (1877-1941). There appear to be a number of events linking Margaret May Dawson to the Dawson's of Kansas. Margaret May Dawson may even appear on a Kansas census with her Mother Alvira Mansfield (d. 1932).
 Any help in finding records in early 20th century Kansas would be appreciated.

Offline dbree

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Canada
    • View Profile
Re: Talmage E Dawson (1894-1974) Look Up Requests
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday 07 March 17 12:54 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

Kansas State Census 1885, Sumner county,
Dawson, D.B., age 27
Dawson, Allis, age 26
Dawson, Bertie, age 4
Dawson, Maggie, age 1

Margaret/Maggie's husband is Wilfred Martin Fry, according to his WW1 Draft Reg.
https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:33S7-81HV-ZVQ?mode=g&i=990&cc=1968530

Cheers,
DB

Offline briankaess

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Alvira Elizabeth Mansfield (1864?-1932) Family Yarn
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday 05 April 17 17:52 BST (UK) »
Talmage E Dawson's Mother was Alvira Elizabeth Mansfield (1864?-1932). There is a family yarn that she owned a 50% controlling interest in the Palmer House Chicago.

Offline briankaess

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Talmage E Dawson (1894-1974) OPF Photos
« Reply #24 on: Tuesday 06 February 24 01:43 GMT (UK) »
There are at least two images of Talmage Edward Dawson (1894-1974) that were found in his Official Personnel File (OPF) when he worked for the U.S. Govt. Printing Office (GPO) as a Linotype Operator from circa 1939 to 1945. These were found in a roughly 106 page OPF at NARA St. Louis, courtesy of George Fuller.
    Brian