Author Topic: SINNETT in Wales - discounted DNA test offered  (Read 1614 times)

Offline corinne

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
SINNETT in Wales - discounted DNA test offered
« on: Friday 20 November 15 12:23 GMT (UK) »
Does anyone know of any SINNETT men who have welsh ancestry (can trace an unbroken father-son SINNETT line back to Wales) who would be interested in doing a Y-DNA test?   I am the project admin of the Sennett/Sinnott/Sinnett surname DNA project at familytreeDNA and am keen to confirm links between Co Wexford SINNOTTs (who arrived in Wexford in the 12th century via Pembrokeshire) and Welsh Sinnetts who likely come from the same anglo-norman origins.  I've already found the genetic link between Cornish Sennetts and Irish Sinnotts, but don't yet have any Welsh men involved in the project.

The Y-DNA37 test at familytreeDNA.com normally costs $169USD, but I can offer a discounted test (where you can also pay in £GBP) if that would help. 
Link to the project page is here: https://www.familytreedna.com/group-join.aspx?Group=Sennett  - if you choose to purchase direct through the project, tests are also slightly discounted.  Contact me via personal message or through the Sennett study at the Guild of One Name Studies sennett at one hyphen name dot org

Offline corinne

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: SINNETT in Wales - discounted DNA test offered
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 08 April 18 09:06 BST (UK) »
This offer of a discounted Y-DNA test for a someone with Welsh Sinnett origins still stands.  Please read the original post for more details.

Also if any S-NN-T (any spelling variations) men have taken a Y-DNA test through familytreedna.com, I'd be really pleased to have them join the Sennett/Sinnott (and variant spellings) project - there is no extra cost to join projects.  Please PM me if you need any further information.

For the women family historians - I know I have asked for men testers only, but you can play your part by either encouraging your menfolk to test, or by financially contributing to the cost of the test.