Author Topic: SENNETT, SINNOTT, SYNNOTT, SINNETT etc  (Read 2424 times)

Offline corinne

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
SENNETT, SINNOTT, SYNNOTT, SINNETT etc
« on: Friday 20 November 15 12:28 GMT (UK) »
Registered one name study at the Guild of One Name Studies.

I now have in excess of 4,000 linked individuals in my database, which covers the name incidence worldwide.

Also a Y-DNA study at familytreeDNA.com which welcomes all participants https://www.familytreedna.com/group-join.aspx?Group=Sennett

I welcome requests for information, but also am keen to work with other researchers of this name to share and check information already researched.

This is an update of an earlier post where I was mainly working on the SENNETT variant of the name, but the study has progressed significantly since then.

Offline corinne

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: SENNETT, SINNOTT, SYNNOTT, SINNETT etc
« Reply #1 on: Friday 29 January 16 10:47 GMT (UK) »
Missed a zero in my previous post.  The Sennett/Sinnott/Sinnett/Synnott one name study has in excess of 45,000 names - not the 4000 I put in the previous post.   Most are linked into at least three generations trees, some into groups of 600 or more related people.

Offline corinne

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: SENNETT, SINNOTT, SYNNOTT, SINNETT etc
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 15 March 20 12:19 GMT (UK) »
UPDATE (march 2020)
the Surname project now has around 80,000 names in the database, most of whom are linked together into extended family groups.   

The worldwide study has progressed considerably with increasing amounts of Irish records, and many more emigrant families have now been linked back to an Irish townland origin (though still lots to do).

The surname DNA project (YDNA, male surname line) is also really beginning to show results and welcomes new participants (familytreedna.com)