Author Topic: David Kirkpatrick 1926-1975 - Rosyth St Glasgow  (Read 4709 times)

Online MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Girl with firewood, Morar 1910 - MEM Donaldson
    • View Profile
Re: David Kirkpatrick 1926-1975 - Rosyth St Glasgow
« Reply #18 on: Saturday 21 November 15 14:23 GMT (UK) »
Whilst you sleep on your time zone  ::)  I have 3 reindeers and Father Xmas at the corner of my road...but that is something else and not for now  ;D

I think I have David's family. Still needing confirmation and extensions through further documents etc.

A key has been the name of David's sister, Agnes McKie Kirkpatrick (this family seem consistent with the spelling of the surname at this time as Kirkpatrick which is helpful).

I found this FS entry for a birth:

Agnes Mckie Kirkpatrick & William Kirkpatrick
Son Henry Symington Mckie Kirkpatrick b. 18 Jun 1891 in Irvine Ayrshire.
https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:XTXB-QK3

No one should underestimate the sheer usefullness of Scottish naming pattern when researching back. I thought Agnes Mckie might be the source of the name of Agnes McKie Kirkpatrick's name, born in 1929 in Govanhill...as sister to David.

Henry Symington McKie Kirkpatrick died in 1949 from a heart related issue. Can't figure out his place of death, see below, likely a hospital reference. His usual residence was 11 Monteith Row. { :o my father's side of Tulley's lived at 30 Monteith Row & Morris Place round the corner for many years around these years!).
The informant, son. Can't make out initial   :-\ Is this the M at 12 Rosyth Street in later years? Or maybe mum Mary moved in to 12 Rosyth after husband Henry died in 1949?

Work still in progress...

Census information Crown Copyright, www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Online MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Saturday 21 November 15 14:24 GMT (UK) »
Looking at the clock...you are up a tad late  ::) ;)

Monica

Offline DavidG02

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Saturday 21 November 15 14:31 GMT (UK) »
Shh I know

But I'm so excited. Nah , well I am. Maybe getting tired as I am rambling. Ok that is - insert adjective- I will go to bed on it and check it and ponder it tomorrow.

I have sent an email off to a 10 year old address - who knows .

Oh and they are not reindeers , this year its kangaroos , well where else would Santa put the excess??
Genealogy-Its a family thing

Paternal: Gibbins,McNamara, Jenkins, Schumann,  Inwood, Sheehan, Quinlan, Tierney, Cole

Maternal: Munn, Simpson , Brighton, Clayfield, Westmacott, Corbell, Hatherell, Blacksell/Blackstone, Boothey , Muirhead

Son: Bull, Kneebone, Lehmann, Cronin, Fowler, Yates, Biglands, Rix, Carpenter, Pethick, Carrick, Male, London, Jacka, Tilbrook, Scott, Hampshire, Buckley

Brickwalls-   Schumann, Simpson,Westmacott/Wennicot
Scott, Cronin
Gedmatch Kit : T812072

Online MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Saturday 21 November 15 14:48 GMT (UK) »
I have been so excited about research (mostly for others now, as I have pretty much sorted my lines to date...as far as I can) where I have stayed up till early hours of the morning and then tip toed to bed...only to be woken by my children at 6.00am ++  :'( Would do that anytime though, even now. I love the quietness of the night as there are no family life distractions and the night is quiet!

Monica

PS: Light out your end...good  ;)

Online MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Saturday 21 November 15 16:04 GMT (UK) »
Someone else researching your side maybe www.ancientfaces.com/person/henry-kirkpatrick/146164621

Monica

Online MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Saturday 21 November 15 17:34 GMT (UK) »
David, added this post here a little ago to try to determine where Henry died in 1949 www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=735721.0

Henry Kirkpatrick and Mary Stirling look to have married in 1915. So, although David named as second son born c. 1926, likely sisters along the way, including Agnes McKie Kirkpatrick that we have born 1929.

Also, this must be him on the Valuation Rolls in 1925 below at  51 CORNWALL STREET in Govan.

I/you wish we were sitting at a Scottish Genealogy terminal and could look these entries up in a whish  ;)

Monica

Offline DavidG02

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Saturday 21 November 15 20:59 GMT (UK) »
Someone else researching your side maybe www.ancientfaces.com/person/henry-kirkpatrick/146164621

Monica
If I could do the stunned face look I would

Davids obit stated he died in Dandenong Vic

Paternal: Gibbins,McNamara, Jenkins, Schumann,  Inwood, Sheehan, Quinlan, Tierney, Cole

Maternal: Munn, Simpson , Brighton, Clayfield, Westmacott, Corbell, Hatherell, Blacksell/Blackstone, Boothey , Muirhead

Son: Bull, Kneebone, Lehmann, Cronin, Fowler, Yates, Biglands, Rix, Carpenter, Pethick, Carrick, Male, London, Jacka, Tilbrook, Scott, Hampshire, Buckley

Scott, Cronin

Online MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Saturday 21 November 15 21:31 GMT (UK) »
Why are you up so early!  Look to the line above the box for your responses for the smillies...likely you are looking for some of these  :o  :D  ;)  ;D .... and the rest!

Monica

Offline DavidG02

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Sunday 22 November 15 02:31 GMT (UK) »
I downloaded windows 10 and have lost them all. After I said I wouldn't d/l it .

Anyway.

I am going to check Vic BDM pages ( when I can get into it) and see what info they have. It was only yesterday I found out that's where he died. I asked his DIL today and she said '' oh yeah they moved'' mumble mumble mutter.

For those coming along later thanks to Google. David suffered a massive heart attack in September 1975 in Dandenong Victoria , where Evelyn was getting treatment for the cancer that eventually claimed her life in December 1975. Evelyn was moved to Perth by her 2nd son and arrangements were made for her to be buried with her parents in Albany. Davids Ashes were posted to Albany and buried alongside Evelyn.

Evelyns parents were John Edward Newman and Edith Maud Vaughan. Now go on and find the rest yourselves ;) :D

Thanks to Monica for all her sleuthing. Gold Star and a bunch of roses

I will now mark this complete. :)

Scott, Cronin