Author Topic: Catholic Parish baptism for and Edward Hunter abt 1845  (Read 847 times)

Offline Airdriehunter

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Catholic Parish baptism for and Edward Hunter abt 1845
« on: Sunday 22 November 15 11:14 GMT (UK) »
I am looking for a catholic baptism for an Edward Hunter, birth date possibly 1845 (derived from USA death record) His father was John Hunter and mother Eliza. No surname given.
Very strong possibility he is the son of Eliza Morrison and John Hunter who lived in Camlough Lower Kileavy and died in Newry. The only marriage I found of this couple John Hunter/Eliza Morrison is in St Patricks Belfast is in 1837 but their death record states a birth date of 1828. So the years are way out. I can't find where for this couple originate from either. But I presume they where from Northern Ireland. I tried to follow each individual child of theirs from Kileavy and found all dates are out by a lot. Not only are they out but the siblings don't know who was older or younger. So it has me wondering if I have the right family at all. On another possible child of theirs that I traced to USA. His death record states mother as Morrisey and father John Hunter. In every document I get a problem! ???
Thanks any help or advice appreciated :)

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Give a man a record and you feed him for a day.
Teach a man to research, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Offline Airdriehunter

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Catholic Parish baptism for and Edward Hunter abt 1845
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 22 November 15 12:16 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Hallmark  I checked these parishes. Found his presumed siblings but not him  :(