Author Topic: George Patterson Cruikshank burial site?  (Read 2119 times)

Offline RhynieGRL

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
George Patterson Cruikshank burial site?
« on: Wednesday 25 November 15 17:46 GMT (UK) »

Today at 11:35 AM 

Hi, I saw a submission on Find a Grave of Marcus Cruikshank and was wondering if anyone knew the whereabouts of his father, my 4th Great-Grandfather George Patterson Cruikshank born June 3, 1793 in Rhynie, Aberdeen, Scotland. He moved to Alabama and married Lovedy Campbell McNeil. He was a tailor and was shot by one of his customers of the time. My 3rd Great-Grandfather, Dr. Walter Cyrus Cruikshank is brother to Marcus Cruikshank.
I'm sorry I am going on and on, please forgive me, I am new to this site. I just thought that someone might know if one or either of my relatives are buried around the same place and if so maybe you could give me the name of the cemetery so I could look it up. Thank you so much. :)

Offline groom

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me aged 3. Tidied up thanks to Wiggy.
    • View Profile
Re: George Patterson Cruikshank burial site?
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 25 November 15 17:56 GMT (UK) »
Welcome to Rootschat.

A tree on Ancestry has his death as 2nd Mar 1830 in Prattville, Autauga, Alabama. So if that is correct that might be where to start looking for his grave.
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline RhynieGRL

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 25 November 15 18:11 GMT (UK) »
Thank you, actually I have that, but like I said I am very new to this so any info is greatly appreciated :)

Offline patstevens

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 23 February 16 01:42 GMT (UK) »
G. P. is my 3rd great grandfather also through Dr. Walter Cyrus, then his son George Benjamin. Another cousin and I have been searching for a long time and have yet to find his place of burial. Would love to exchange/compare information! My e-mail is patstevens94@yahoo.com  Hoping to hear from you!

Offline johnblake

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 24 February 18 22:50 GMT (UK) »
I am not sure of the gravesite but I am his daughter Lizys great great grandson and i own Her farm in Renfroe Al. I heard his killer escaped and went to Texas. I also own a 1860 medical book that belonged to Marcus and have a good picture of Marcus. Lizzy is buried in Oak Hill cem. Talladega Al. Henry Sims her husband is buried in Mardisville Al. I would like to see GPC obit. in the Autaga newspaper.

Offline RhynieGRL

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 24 February 18 23:53 GMT (UK) »
Hi, thanks for the information. I am glad to hear from you.
His killer did escape to Texas and went on to become someone special in the military.
I would love to see a picture of the book and your picture someday.
I got most of my information from Luginbuel's funeral home and word of mouth from family.
Here is the link...

http://www.luginbuel.com/genealogy-records

Just scroll down to Cruikshank, thanks again and I would love to hear any more infor. that you have later that