Author Topic: Alexanders/Richards/Ystradgynlais.Alexander solicitrs,Ystalyfera. Ewart Alexande  (Read 1534 times)

Offline GirlFromWales

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Hi, I'm new to this site. I wonder if anyone can help please?
Anne Alexander was My 2nd great grandmother - Birth 28 Apr 1856 in Ynysbedafe?, Ystradgynlais, Breconshire, Wales. Death abt 1895 in Ystradgynlais.
She was married to David Richards, (he went on to marry a Hannah after Anne's death).
Anne Alexander and David Richards had children called Brychan Tawe, Mary (my grandmother), Margaret Anne, Ivor and David.
I've been told by family that we are related to Alexander the solicitors that were in Ystalyfera, and Ewart Alexander the school teacher/writer from Ystradgynlais. But I can't find how I am connected to them. There are so many Alexander families in the area with similar christian names (David, Anne, Mary, Hopkin etc), but apparently not all of them are related.  Can anyone help please? Many thanks.  :)

Offline mazi

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Alexanders/Richards/Ystradgynlais.Alexander solicitrs,Ystalyfera. Ewart Alexande
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 25 November 15 20:55 GMT (UK) »
Hi and welcome to rootschat,

I can see on the  Familysearch website a marriage of Anne Alexander to David Richards at  St Peters church Llangiwyg on 3 Dec 1875, which looks to be a good possibility.  Llangiwyg is in  glamorganshire, not too far from ystradgynlais.

Cannot yet see a birth registration for Anne.

Mike

Offline mazi

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Alexanders/Richards/Ystradgynlais.Alexander solicitrs,Ystalyfera. Ewart Alexande
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 25 November 15 21:08 GMT (UK) »
Is the schoolteacher and writer from Ystradgynlais the one who writes for television and is still alive
Rootschat does not like the mention of living people.

Mike

Offline GirlFromWales

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 25 November 15 21:11 GMT (UK) »
Yes he is still alive. he taught me in school in the 80's. he would be quite elderly now. not sure what or who he writes for, but possibly for tv.

Offline GirlFromWales

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 27 November 15 15:41 GMT (UK) »
Does anyone else have any advice or help for me?
many thanks.