Author Topic: Thomas heawood barlestone leicestershire  (Read 2107 times)

Offline keyboard86

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Thomas heawood barlestone leicestershire
« Reply #9 on: Monday 09 May 16 01:03 BST (UK) »
Hi again Steve, I presume this is your John Heawood b c 1800/1 Christ Ratby in the 1851 census:-

John Haywood 50 b Ratby
Ann 40 b Hoton
Thomas 83 Father/Widower b Barlstone
Mary Ann 13 Niece b Markfield
Residing at Top Field, Markfield
Census Ref HO107/2083/372/11

As tracing the niece Mary Ann b c 1838 back to 1841 we have:-

Wm HAWOOD 30
Fanney 25
Thomas 7
Elizabeth 5
Mary 3
Thomas 70
Elizabeth 65
John Lakin ? months
Residing at Markfield
Census Ref HO107/2083/372/11

Which then leads to this family in 1851 census:-

William Heawood 43 occ Sawyer b Ratby
Fanny 39 b Rothley (Rotherby in 1861)
Elizabeth 15
Ann 8
Eliza 5
Fanney 9 months
All children b Markfield
Residing at Markfield
Census Ref HO107/2093/388/7
Keyboard86

Pelly/Pelley/Kingsbury/Challis/Nalder/Rochester/Raydenbow

UK Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Danone

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 09 May 16 22:02 BST (UK) »
Hey mate
How are you not doing to bad any thanks mate for the info on the Hayward family now been told to keep searching round the house and grounds a few weeks ago a young lad came he found a Elizabeth the 1st coin dated 1500s so I guess there was some thing going on there so now staying to see what can be found ,their coin was looked at properly wort over £500 pound it was in good condition I felt a right fool missing out on that I didn't go that week but making up for it now I found George the violin 1914 First World War I did find one that has Abraham Lincoln on it 1942 so I guess Mrs Hayward was helping out .
Steve
I see that some said she had to sell the farm but it's done me some favours any way I'm glad my brothers mate asked  me to look into it , why would a cottage need great big fire places that's a mystery to me you wouldn't not three there would be enough room only if it was a grange like in the title upper grange one in the kitchen one in the lounge area and one up the far end the house is being done up at the moment but the walls out side up stairs are weird how they stick out ,the square in the wall and a door way ,in the lawn out on the back there are lines of bricks there is a big rock out side that I found a knife sticking up at the side of it we moved the rock found the handle bit and put the rock back ,why would any put a knife up the side of a rock in the garden that's dangrous I have never come across that before would that be some sort of rital thing it's not a knive that you eat with its a big curved thing I did put some of my stuff on face book that I found there .

Offline Danone

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 12 May 16 10:24 BST (UK) »
Hey mate
The Ann born Hoton is there a second name for her
Thanks
Steve

Offline Danone

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 06 October 17 01:55 BST (UK) »
Hi guys just started back at upper grange farm doing metal detecting any way had to put it down I started to find pottery with Hangle a spout on it that was right down inside of what I would call a guard robe which is on the out side floor so I whent a bit further came a cross a human Thooth the floor is right against the side of the house on the corner under a grass bank the pottery was a brown colour it had a pattern round the side of it ,I left it with the owner of the house but now think it was a grange as it had a shut on the wall on the out side .
The house as been worked on but the owners have found two wells which had alsorts of bottles in them .which they have kept and two coins were found under the floor inside .i found a Leopold coin and a bag seal with a number on it which I still have .and a coin with a mans face on it but it's not George or any one like that but still can't see the date at the bottom . Also have a Abraham Lincoln coin date 1942 which I found in the manarge next to the house .
Ste