Author Topic: Thomas heawood barlestone leicestershire  (Read 2109 times)

Offline Danone

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Thomas heawood barlestone leicestershire
« on: Thursday 26 November 15 19:20 GMT (UK) »
 :) :) :)
Hi all
please can any one else help with a quest  of thomas heawood barlestone leicestershire  1768
many thanks
Danone
all we know he married a elizabeth some one they had john heawood  christ ratby  23  march 1800
i have all of the other work i just need to know about thomas and elizabeth

Offline dionysus

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Thomas heawood barlestone leicestershire
« Reply #1 on: Friday 27 November 15 08:13 GMT (UK) »
Thomas Heawood married Elizabeth Harrison, 14 Jan 1798, Braunstone, Leics - FreeREG.

Upton, Bishops Wood, Staffordshire.  Jones, Nant-yr-Ych, Aberhafesp, Montgomeryshire.  Evans, Kinnerley, Flintshire.  Dennis, Breedon-on-the-Hill, Leicestershire.  Brown, Red Lake, Wellington, Shropshire.

Offline dionysus

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 27 November 15 08:39 GMT (UK) »
1841 census at Stoke Hayes, Markfield:
Thomas Heawood, 65, besom maker, b in cty
Sarah do, 60,,b in cty

Might not be right.  No record of death / burial Elizabeth or wedding to Sarah, but she may not have been his wife, anyway.  No record of baptism of Thomas.

FreeBMD Death Thomas Haywood 1842 Apr Ashby de la Zouch 15 12 fits.

Baptism Elizabeth Harrison 14 April 1776 Braunstone to John & Eliz looks most likely.
Upton, Bishops Wood, Staffordshire.  Jones, Nant-yr-Ych, Aberhafesp, Montgomeryshire.  Evans, Kinnerley, Flintshire.  Dennis, Breedon-on-the-Hill, Leicestershire.  Brown, Red Lake, Wellington, Shropshire.

Offline Danone

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 08 December 15 14:42 GMT (UK) »
Hi Dion
Merry Christmas mate
When you said besom maker what is one of those
And you said stoke heys farm
That's we're my mums family lived the cooper family so he may have worked for them I know we're the farm is
Danone

Offline keyboard86

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 08 December 15 14:46 GMT (UK) »
Hi Danone, a "Besom Maker" is the one who makes the brooms used in folklore by witches!!
Keyboard86
Pelly/Pelley/Kingsbury/Challis/Nalder/Rochester/Raydenbow

UK Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Danone

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 08 December 15 15:18 GMT (UK) »
My mums family
Was Charles cooper born barlestone 1800
Moved to stone farm Markfield Leicestershire ,father Thomas cooper born barlestone he married a Mary cooper Markfield they had Charles also Hannah Anne she married but no name of father she had my grandfathers dad Joseph born 1875 blacksmith it's been said her mother coverd
for her
Charles was mums great grandfather he married a Elizabeth geary born Stanton under Bardon her father was John geary he married a Alice frost Newtown Linford were I live now .charles married in 1830 in Thornton and lived at stoke heys farm in 1851 then moved up to Ellits lane Markfield. My mum was born 1941 Markfield lane Newtown Linford father Ernest cooper born Ashby road Markfield 1907 his father married a Mary Ellen Massey
Danone

Offline Danone

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 08 December 15 15:27 GMT (UK) »
Hey keyboard
How are you long time
Merry Christmas mate
Thanks mate for that wow
Broomsticks wouldn't have thought that .
Can't belive that metal detecting would have taken me back to mums family what coinsidence I guess it's because the villages were so small that they all knew each other and intermarried into each others family's I'm glad I started this now I know more of my family and know we're i come from if mum hadn't met dad I wouldn't have born
Steve

Offline Danone

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Monday 09 May 16 00:32 BST (UK) »
Hi guys
It's Steve
Who does metal detecting at upper grange farm ratby lane Markfield been today I found a half penny date is 1914 ,a freind on here told to keep looking as there was some thing going on at the farm as I keep finding stuff and history about the house last week I found part of a ornamented drain pipe a big air rifle pellet and some on face book forum said one thing was a pen refill I wasn't sure any way this coin today made me look at the Markfield history books we have on the village I looked at Mrs heard who lived at the farm during the war she helped soldiers find homes in Ratby lane Markfield,one coin I have as Abraham Lincoln on it date 1942.now I have 1914 I'm now wondering if this is right she was helping out in the war and letting soldiers stay at the farm.two fields away away I'm finding footings for cottages I have a belt buckle with two pieces of leather still with it .the house it self we can't find much on it ,but it's being done up by the new owners ,I have been in side it has three massive fire places down stairs one is wide at the top then as it comes down it narrows of ,the owner says he got have three to heat the house .now he told me a farmer who lived there said it was cottages ,and they did things like cream teas ,why would you need three massive fire places in a cottage ,I have looked at the windows out side below the window frame the wall is a weird shape and sticks out .down the end wall there is a square half way up which I said would be a guardrobe and there is a door way that's been blocked up .in the lawn on the yard you can't dig much there is bricks in the lawn in rows ,also there is a arch way which goes under the house and goes across the lawn into next door garden.i have followed it with my detector .if the place is called upper grange farm then that means it was a grange that's why you would have big fire places to keep it warm
So why isn't there any history on it what happend who did live there in the past.i know there was a big grange at Stanton under bardon near my village what if they kept this as part of that would mean the Lord would visit at times,they properly had monks working keeping cattle and sheep and pigs.
Steve
There's got to be some truth in it and information some were

Offline Danone

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Monday 09 May 16 00:34 BST (UK) »
I meant to say I looked at Mrs Hayward who lived at the farm.
Ste