Author Topic: Death of Sarah Cole 27 August 1957 at Deniliquin  (Read 9389 times)

Offline Denipam

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Death of Sarah Cole 27 August 1957 at Deniliquin
« Reply #27 on: Friday 27 November 15 03:00 GMT (UK) »
Hi Smudwhisk

You should contact the Deniliquin Genealogy Group. There have been other queries so they already have quite a lot of information.
It the Pastoral Times there are articles regarding Sarah Coles drowning.
I will send you a PM.

Jones, Gordon, Whelan, Power, Burrows,
 Crouch, Brissenden, Davison, Vickers

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Friday 27 November 15 03:01 GMT (UK) »
Just from the NSW BDM online Index (so I have no thoughts as to if this these two births are for same Sarah)
Sarah M and Robert W U  parents of a baby boy (Robert W U) born 1896, registered Inverell # 31323.
Sarah M and Robert parents of a baby boy (Walter) born 1899, registered Glen Innes #20935

Red Post .... Well found Denipam.

Cheers,  JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline Denipam

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Friday 27 November 15 03:19 GMT (UK) »
Thanks majm.
I am a member of the local group here in Deniliquin but I am still learning what resources we have so that's why I have suggested that smudwhisk should contact the group.

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Friday 27 November 15 03:19 GMT (UK) »
At the Gurya Shire Cemetery
Robert Wallace Hugh CAMPBELL born 19 December 1916, died 7 Nov 2004, N297829 Pte 35 Bn, 
http://austcemindex.com/inscription?id=9760468
http://www.ww2roll.gov.au/Veteran.aspx?ServiceId=A&VeteranId=354566

Ryerson Index has Vida Mary Leith CAMPBELL at Westmead Hospital, formerly of Guyra at age 94, 12 Sept 2011 funeral notice.  Armidale Express 14 Sept 2011. 
http://www.ryersonindex.org/

NSW BDM restricts access for first thirty years for death registrations, first 50 years for marriage registrations and first 100 years for birth registrations.   

I speculate there's a likely connection between the Robert Wallace Hugh born 1916 Glen Innes and the Robert Wallace Hugh born 1866, Inverell.   :)

Cheers,  JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline Denipam

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Friday 27 November 15 03:25 GMT (UK) »
Newspaper article Pastoral Times 3 Sep 1957

Offline smudwhisk

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Whiskey (1997-2018)
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Friday 27 November 15 03:53 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Denipam, much appreciated. ;D
(KENT) Lingwell, Rayment (BUCKS) Read, Hutchins (SRY) Costin, Westbrook (DOR) Gibbs, Goreing (DUR) Green (ESX) Rudland, Malden, Rouse, Boosey (FIFE) Foulis, Russell (NFK) Johnson, Farthing, Purdy, Barsham (GLOS) Collett, Morris, Freebury, May, Kirkman (HERTS) Winchester, Linford (NORTHANTS) Bird, Brimley, Chater, Wilford, Read, Chapman, Jeys, Marston, Lumley (WILTS) Arden, Whatley, Batson, Gleed, Greenhill (SOM) Coombs, Watkins (RUT) Stafford (BERKS) Sansom, Angel, Young, Stratton, Weeks, Day

Offline DavidG02

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Friday 27 November 15 08:12 GMT (UK) »
Ok I am a little confused after reading the article. It seems straight forward until the daughter in Bendigo is mentioned. I thought it was established that her only daughter died. Or am I truly confused and read the whole thread wrong? ( very possible) :)

Quote from: smudwhisk
Sarah Cole's death cert from 1957 lists her as only having one child with Robert Henry Cole, a daughter born 1932
ahh but then who died in 1928 and how old was Sarah supposedly in 1932 ???
Genealogy-Its a family thing

Paternal: Gibbins,McNamara, Jenkins, Schumann,  Inwood, Sheehan, Quinlan, Tierney, Cole

Maternal: Munn, Simpson , Brighton, Clayfield, Westmacott, Corbell, Hatherell, Blacksell/Blackstone, Boothey , Muirhead

Son: Bull, Kneebone, Lehmann, Cronin, Fowler, Yates, Biglands, Rix, Carpenter, Pethick, Carrick, Male, London, Jacka, Tilbrook, Scott, Hampshire, Buckley

Brickwalls-   Schumann, Simpson,Westmacott/Wennicot
Scott, Cronin
Gedmatch Kit : T812072

Offline smudwhisk

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Whiskey (1997-2018)
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Friday 27 November 15 13:46 GMT (UK) »
Don't worry David, the thread will be a bit confusing because of my reluctance to post all the confirmed information I have on the family out of deference to the wishes of some of the descendants regarding some aspects of it. ;)

That said, I'm greatful to JM, Cando, Demipam and everyone else who posted on here for their help and also helping me to manage to confirm that Sarah Cole and Maria Hyatt are one and the same.  Its a bit of a long story. ;)  Demipam found a second article which confirms that Robert Cole was aware of his wife's true age and confirms the age on her death certificate was incorrect.  Robert and Sarah/Maria do appear to have adopted two daughters because she was far too old to have been the mother of either.

I have also had a reply from a new contact, from outside RC, who has confirmed that George Charles Campbell's death certificate helps confirm he was the George Campbell mentioned on Sarah Cole's death certificate because a nephew, one of his younger half brother's sons, was the informant even though George had a number of his own children.

Thanks to all.

Nicola
(KENT) Lingwell, Rayment (BUCKS) Read, Hutchins (SRY) Costin, Westbrook (DOR) Gibbs, Goreing (DUR) Green (ESX) Rudland, Malden, Rouse, Boosey (FIFE) Foulis, Russell (NFK) Johnson, Farthing, Purdy, Barsham (GLOS) Collett, Morris, Freebury, May, Kirkman (HERTS) Winchester, Linford (NORTHANTS) Bird, Brimley, Chater, Wilford, Read, Chapman, Jeys, Marston, Lumley (WILTS) Arden, Whatley, Batson, Gleed, Greenhill (SOM) Coombs, Watkins (RUT) Stafford (BERKS) Sansom, Angel, Young, Stratton, Weeks, Day

Offline Amanda Adnum

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Sunday 01 May 16 15:32 BST (UK) »
Hi all,
I'm wondering if any of you will be willing to share some information with me about Sarah/Maria please?
I can tell you that George Charles Campbell did have 7 girls and 1 of them daughters is my late grandmother.