Author Topic: Death of Sarah Cole 27 August 1957 at Deniliquin  (Read 9290 times)

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
Re: Death of Sarah Cole 27 August 1957 at Deniliquin
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 26 November 15 23:28 GMT (UK) »
......  I'm interested in any reports which might confirm the full name of her son George Campbell (or for that matter a middle initial and his wife's name) whose birth date on the death certificate is out by a couple of years (editing for clarity) and is already deceased having died in 1972

If you were to obtain an official transcription of the NSW BDM death registration you would likely learn the name of his wife and the other vital family history information you seek about him, and his parents. 

Official transcriptions are not as expensive as NSW BDM certificates.

http://www.bdm.nsw.gov.au/Pages/family-history/family-history.aspx#transcription

Google news archives includes some Australian newspapers https://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=lL5f5cZgq8MC

Cheers,  JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline smudwhisk

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Whiskey (1997-2018)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 26 November 15 23:31 GMT (UK) »
Yes cupoflife, that is the person I'm interested in, although I'm trying to confirm if Sarah Cole was his mother.

I've being a little conservative (with a small C ;D) with what I post because there is a bit of a delicate issue if Sarah Cole was his mother and, as these posts appear in a google search, I don't want to possibly upset any of her descendants by posting his parent's dirty laundry in public so to speak.  Hence the narrow request looking for an obituary or newspaper announcement of her death which I gather may not be easy to come by.

Thanks JM, I've purchased several NSW transcripts recently because of the lower cost. ;D  I'll have a look at google to see if they have anything on the area that may help.

Edit - purchasing George's death or marriage certificate may not definitely confirm he was Sarah's son unless his brother was a witness.  Having purchased several recently I'm a little skint at the moment to get anymore but may in the future.
(KENT) Lingwell, Rayment (BUCKS) Read, Hutchins (SRY) Costin, Westbrook (DOR) Gibbs, Goreing (DUR) Green (ESX) Rudland, Malden, Rouse, Boosey (FIFE) Foulis, Russell (NFK) Johnson, Farthing, Purdy, Barsham (GLOS) Collett, Morris, Freebury, May, Kirkman (HERTS) Winchester, Linford (NORTHANTS) Bird, Brimley, Chater, Wilford, Read, Chapman, Jeys, Marston, Lumley (WILTS) Arden, Whatley, Batson, Gleed, Greenhill (SOM) Coombs, Watkins (RUT) Stafford (BERKS) Sansom, Angel, Young, Stratton, Weeks, Day

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 26 November 15 23:35 GMT (UK) »
 :)  Better still, perhaps you could consider seeking his birth cert .... perhaps information would be first hand from his mum as informant?

Cheers,  JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   

Offline rosball

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • John Scott Henderson 1853 Scotland -1919 Vic
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 26 November 15 23:38 GMT (UK) »
I'm happy to photograph the probate packet for you (found by cupoflife) - it may contain his death cert.   Just shout if you see any other probates or divorces ... 

regards
   Ros

adding : planning to go next week
Let's not tolerate bullying !
Herrington Kent  Henderson Scotland Kerr Scotland Reston Scotland  Smith Scotland  Kellow Cornwall  Doney Cornwall  Wadeson Lancashire  Whiteley Yorkshire Gregan Ireland

Offline cando

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 26 November 15 23:47 GMT (UK) »
No I've noticed via an online resource that she doesn't appear to have a headstone, albeit I think her second husband who would appear to have died in 1989 does have one.

Nothing like local knowledge.  I would suggest you contact the genealogy group.  Not everything is or will ever be online.  One of their old members may even remember the event.  Not a large town .  Her death and events surrounding it may not have been published in the local newspaper.

There is an MI for a Robert Henry COLE at the Deniliquin Lawn Cemetery.  The genealogy group hold the burial records for the cemeteries and I have always found my contact to be extremely helpful.

Cheers
Cando
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline smudwhisk

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Whiskey (1997-2018)
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Thursday 26 November 15 23:52 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Ros, I don't think it would help identify Sarah Cole as his mother but appreciate the thought.  You did photograph some for me last year and I keep trying to get round to sorting out a few more to see if you had any free time to do them, just not got round to it yet. ;D

Thanks Cando, I think I picked up their website when I was googling earlier, hence the comment about RHC having a gravestone.

I've actually, literally, just been given a contact email address for someone (via a different route to RC) who has been writing a "story" about the family concerned so I shall see if she is prepared to confirm things for me.  She may even be a distant relative, I definitely know a lot about the family prior to the siblings' emigration to Australia.
(KENT) Lingwell, Rayment (BUCKS) Read, Hutchins (SRY) Costin, Westbrook (DOR) Gibbs, Goreing (DUR) Green (ESX) Rudland, Malden, Rouse, Boosey (FIFE) Foulis, Russell (NFK) Johnson, Farthing, Purdy, Barsham (GLOS) Collett, Morris, Freebury, May, Kirkman (HERTS) Winchester, Linford (NORTHANTS) Bird, Brimley, Chater, Wilford, Read, Chapman, Jeys, Marston, Lumley (WILTS) Arden, Whatley, Batson, Gleed, Greenhill (SOM) Coombs, Watkins (RUT) Stafford (BERKS) Sansom, Angel, Young, Stratton, Weeks, Day

Offline cando

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Thursday 26 November 15 23:56 GMT (UK) »
WW2 service summary for George Charles CAMPBELL which includes his date of birth which may or may not be accurate as there is no birth registered in the district of Deniliquin in 1905/6.

http://www.ww2roll.gov.au/Veteran.aspx?serviceId=A&veteranId=428198

cando
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Friday 27 November 15 00:02 GMT (UK) »
Umm,  interesting Cando, that's the exact day and month, but for 1904 from NSW BDM  :)   registered Paddington NSW.   

You can deduce the date of birth from the new option now at NSW BDM online.

Cheers,  JM

Offline smudwhisk

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Whiskey (1997-2018)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Friday 27 November 15 00:18 GMT (UK) »
Yes the George Campbell who died in 1972 was the one born in 1904 in Paddington, and in fact the National Archives of Australia WW2 Attestation catalogue entry also has an additional entry for him with a birth year of 1902. :-X

This family did like to confuse things for people trying to research them.

:)  Better still, perhaps you could consider seeking his birth cert .... perhaps information would be first hand from his mum as informant?

Cheers,  JM

A contact has already given me details of his birth cert, the question is whether he is the George mentioned on Sarah Cole's death certificate.  I think he probably is but, being a bit of a stickler for accuracy, I'd like to confirm it beyond any doubt before adding her death to my tree because Sarah wasn't her birth name and appears to have been a name she adopted after her first marriage.  But that's a long story ...