Author Topic: Possible relative  (Read 1856 times)

Offline Peterej

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Possible relative
« on: Sunday 29 November 15 15:52 GMT (UK) »
Following me spotting an address in my late mother's diary I wonder if anyone can help me clear up a historical mystery (at least to me)
My late Great Aunt was born Harriet Williams in 1888 at Penrhiw , Dolwyddelan.
She had a friend who I only knew as Annie Festiniog. The address I have found Erddig, 1 Bungalow,Penygwndwn, Near Blaenau Ffestiniog. The diary was used until 1997 when my mother died and the Miss A Williams's address as above was marked died. Two other items of help possibly is that Annie had a friend Pip (Phillipa?) and my brother remembers that Annie or a relative used to work or own the Johnsons the Cleaners shop in Ffestiniog.
I do not know her age but would guess her to be a little younger than my Great Aunt. There are too many possible to research any other way and I just wonder if anyone local can remember her.
The purpose is partly curiousity and partly to see if tying Annie into my tree helps my research.
Thanks for any suggestions.
Peter
Jones, Edwards, Davies, Owen, Benjamin , Hughes , Roberts,Thomas,Williams, Wynne , Griffiths, Howells, Rowlands etc etc
plus
Thomas,Trewren,Holmes,Thirlwall,Jones again & again
& more

"This information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk"

Offline Peterej

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Possible relative. COMPLETED
« Reply #1 on: Friday 26 May 17 15:16 BST (UK) »
Following a little more info from my brother and a little 'sleuthing ' I have now traced Annie who was indeed a relative. Her father and my grandfather had the same name although they were just cousins. Annie was born in 1905 and died 1983.

Peter
Jones, Edwards, Davies, Owen, Benjamin , Hughes , Roberts,Thomas,Williams, Wynne , Griffiths, Howells, Rowlands etc etc
plus
Thomas,Trewren,Holmes,Thirlwall,Jones again & again
& more

"This information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk"