Author Topic: Malta marriage certificate  (Read 456 times)

Offline trisholdham

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Malta marriage certificate
« on: Wednesday 02 December 15 08:54 GMT (UK) »
Looking for a marriage certificate of George Cooper to Maria Antonia Mercieca abt 1835 Cospicua Malta.
George Cooper had a son Henry born 1836 in Cospicua Malta.

Very hard to find a marriage in Malta online.
Any help would be very appreciated.

Trish Oldham

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline curtisd

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Malta marriage certificate
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 25 January 18 16:21 GMT (UK) »
Late reply but hopefully useful.

I have found an index which could be relevant as Senglea is close to Cospicua.

Giorgio Cuper married 1833-08-06 Senglea, Malta to Maria Antonia Mercieca. The index does not list parents (it usually does). I am looking now to see if there is an image to try and find parents.

I have a connection to Mercieca on my ancestry so would like to know if you did trace further.                

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline curtisd

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 25 January 18 17:19 GMT (UK) »
I found a mention of Georgius Cuper on a private tree. There was also a public tree but it had the date slightly different and no parents.

Below are my transcriptions from parish records found. Hopefully they help.

Parents of Maria Antonia Mercieca are Giuseppe/Joseph Mercieca and Cristina Ellul. They married 1807-02-03 in Senglea, Malta.

Parents of Giuseppe Mercieca are Francesco/Francis Mercieca and Rosa/Rose Portelli. They married 1770-07-07 Porto Salvo, Malta.

Parents of Francesco Mercieca are listed on index as Carlo Mercieca and Eugenia. I cannot find a marriage for them yet.

Let me know if you have any further data or are still researching this line and I can find more ancestors of the spouse lines.

Offline trisholdham

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 26 January 18 07:12 GMT (UK) »
Thank you for replying about Malta marriage for George Cooper, I have not got back at all with this ancestor but thank you for the information you have sent, I was also interested in finding out about George Cooper as I know he came from Aberdeen Scotland, my Uncle told me that one of the family went to Aberdeen and saw the house, but Aberdeen is a very big city and there are a lot of Coopers living there.
Many thanks
Trish Oldham