Author Topic: Malta marriage certificate  (Read 775 times)

Offline trisholdham

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Malta marriage certificate
« on: Wednesday 02 December 15 08:54 GMT (UK) »
Looking for a marriage certificate of George Cooper to Maria Antonia Mercieca abt 1835 Cospicua Malta.
George Cooper had a son Henry born 1836 in Cospicua Malta.

Very hard to find a marriage in Malta online.
Any help would be very appreciated.

Trish Oldham

Offline curtisd

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Malta marriage certificate
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 25 January 18 16:21 GMT (UK) »
Late reply but hopefully useful.

I have found an index which could be relevant as Senglea is close to Cospicua.

Giorgio Cuper married 1833-08-06 Senglea, Malta to Maria Antonia Mercieca. The index does not list parents (it usually does). I am looking now to see if there is an image to try and find parents.

I have a connection to Mercieca on my ancestry so would like to know if you did trace further.                

Offline curtisd

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 25 January 18 17:19 GMT (UK) »
I found a mention of Georgius Cuper on a private tree. There was also a public tree but it had the date slightly different and no parents.

Below are my transcriptions from parish records found. Hopefully they help.

Parents of Maria Antonia Mercieca are Giuseppe/Joseph Mercieca and Cristina Ellul. They married 1807-02-03 in Senglea, Malta.

Parents of Giuseppe Mercieca are Francesco/Francis Mercieca and Rosa/Rose Portelli. They married 1770-07-07 Porto Salvo, Malta.

Parents of Francesco Mercieca are listed on index as Carlo Mercieca and Eugenia. I cannot find a marriage for them yet.

Let me know if you have any further data or are still researching this line and I can find more ancestors of the spouse lines.

Offline trisholdham

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 26 January 18 07:12 GMT (UK) »
Thank you for replying about Malta marriage for George Cooper, I have not got back at all with this ancestor but thank you for the information you have sent, I was also interested in finding out about George Cooper as I know he came from Aberdeen Scotland, my Uncle told me that one of the family went to Aberdeen and saw the house, but Aberdeen is a very big city and there are a lot of Coopers living there.
Many thanks
Trish Oldham