Author Topic: STONHILL at the King's Head in Stewkley  (Read 15004 times)

Offline dougbpete

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: STONHILL at the King's Head in Stewkley
« Reply #27 on: Sunday 19 April 15 18:19 BST (UK) »
This information is fascinating.  My mother is Mary Patricia Stonhill Peters (1923-Living) Marysville, Michigan USA.  Her father, John (1877-1949), came to Port Huron, Michigan (1923-1949) via Ontario, Canada (1903-1923) and previously, born and raised in Islington, England.  His father is Thomas Stonhill, son of Thomas and Esther Stonhill.  His mother is Elizabeth King Sear.  Any more information on the Stonhill family in Stewkley is appreciated.

Offline Rahr Mayer

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: STONHILL at the King's Head in Stewkley
« Reply #28 on: Sunday 19 April 15 19:06 BST (UK) »
In researching family history on my mothers side of the family she is connected to the Stonhill's I discovered that Thomas Stonhill was first married to Ester Hedges Stonhill they had 5 children and she died in 1846 one son was named Thomas born about 1840, his second wife was Mary Elizabeth Hedges who also seems to have had 5 children.  If this is help to you I will try and go through my notes which I started on last year and see what I can find out.  I think that my mother's grandmother was Ester Hannah Stonhill who was from the second marriage, married William Bowden my grand father.   Interestingly many of the Bowden/Stonhill family are buried in Highgate Cemetery in London.   Please let me know if this helps.