Author Topic: John Brailsford b either 1823 or 1834, or 1837 Derbyshire??  (Read 1940 times)

Offline ThrelfallYorky

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: John Brailsford b either 1823 or 1834, or 1837 Derbyshire??
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 13 December 15 12:20 GMT (UK) »
Thank you for that link Shirl100 - I've one or two other names in that area, so I'll be happily browsing around it (virtually) as soon as I have a spare moment.
That was what I meant, I'd had a browse around online, hoping for clues, but got rather hot 'n' bothered seeing the same silly mistakes repeated, tree after tree, through the forest, as you might say. Mostly sloppy research. Thank you again. I agree about original sources, otherwise you can be at the mercy of the transcriber - or the checking system?
(I've also had a struggle to find some "Smiths" - they eventually turned out not really to have been Smith, but to have selected a most annoying alias when "setting up together"- should've been Johnson & Tomlinson!)
Threlfall (Southport), Isherwood (lancs & Canada), Newbould + Topliss(Derby), Keating & Cummins (Ireland + lancs), Fisher, Strong& Casson (all Cumberland) & Downie & Bowie, Linlithgow area Scotland . Also interested in Leigh& Burrows,(Lancashire) Griffiths (Shropshire & lancs), Leaver (Lancs/Yorks) & Anderson(Cumberland and very elusive)