Author Topic: Richard and Anne Lloyd  (Read 1202 times)

Offline LFS

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Richard and Anne Lloyd
« on: Friday 04 December 15 19:45 GMT (UK) »
Dear Rootschatters
Can anyone help please?  I'm trying to find the marriage of Richard Lloyd and Anne Jones - their first child (that I know of) was born about 1836, so it should be in the early 1830s.  There is a possible baptism for Anne in Llanfrothen in 1817 - her parents were Robert and Elinor Jones.  I have also possibly found them in the 1841 Census in Ffestiniog.  They are apparently buried in Capel Ramoth, Llanfrothen (information from a distant cousin of my husband's, who is long gone).
Derby Girl
Census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Winson (Dby), Stanley(Sts), Harrison(Dby to Rutland), Barker/Barber((Sts), Baston (Oxon), Wiltshire(Middx), Franklin (Herts/Beds)

Offline MarMnkly

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Always looking back
    • View Profile
Re: Richard and Anne Lloyd
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 08 December 15 22:56 GMT (UK) »
Hi Derby Girl
there is a marriage between a Richard Lloyd and Anne Hughes on 4 May 1833 in Festiniog, which could be who you have found on the 1841 census?
Mar  :)
Surname Interests
Massey, Munkley, Powell, Thompson, Thurkettle

Any census information included in this post is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline LFS

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 08 December 15 23:25 GMT (UK) »
Dear Mar
Thank you very much for your reply - no, in the 1841 Census she's with her parents, grandmother and two of her children - and since they're already documented from other sources I'm happy that I'm right about it.  But I've never found Richard and Anne's marriage.  The only possibility I found earlier today is one in 1836 in Liverpool.  Which might explain why I can't find it in Wales.
Again thank you for your help.
Regards
Derby Girl

Winson (Dby), Stanley(Sts), Harrison(Dby to Rutland), Barker/Barber((Sts), Baston (Oxon), Wiltshire(Middx), Franklin (Herts/Beds)

Offline MarMnkly

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Always looking back
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 09 December 15 18:47 GMT (UK) »

Hi Derby Girl
I can see a marriage licence bond on FindMyPast for a Richard Lloyd, shopkeeper of Liverpool, aged over 21 and Ann Jones, spinster, aged over 21 of the same parish dated 29th Feb 1836. Is your Ann the one listed on the 1841 census as living at London Road, Ynyscynhaiarn, Festiniog. This Ann is described as aged 20, not born in county, with Elinor aged 5 and Ann aged 2 - also not born in county

Mar
Surname Interests

Any census information included in this post is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline LFS

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 09 December 15 20:32 GMT (UK) »
Dear Mar
Yes, that's the correct 1841 Census.  She seems to have been born just over the border in Caernarvonshire.  Richard, though, went on to be a sea captain, which looks odd if he's a shopkeeper when they married.  But his family are shopkeepers.  And it would also make Ann pregnant at the time.  Also they would have fibbed because, as I understand it, Ann was born in 1917.  I take it the marriage licence bond doesn't mention the parents of either of them?  Thank you very much for your help - it's really appreciated.
Derby Girl

Offline MarMnkly

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Always looking back
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 09 December 15 21:13 GMT (UK) »
Hi Derby Girl
unfortunately there isn't any other information on the licence, except that this Richard Lloyd has signed his name.

Have you also seen a marriage between a Richard Lloyd and an Eleanor Jones in Trawsfynydd on 21 Nov 1835. Both signed with a mark. Just thought I would mention as spouse's name is incorrect, but is the name of your Ann's mother and her child.
Mar :)
Surname Interests

Offline LFS

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 09 December 15 23:25 GMT (UK) »
Dear Mar
Ooh - now that looks very interesting - thank you very much!  I wonder if it is them.  Little Elinor in the 1841 Census was always called Ellin or Ellen, so changing names obviously wasn't a no-no in the family.  Thank you very much indeed - I have been going round in circles for ages trying to find a possible match.
Derby Girl